TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know specifically what gauge the sheetmetal on a 95-04 taco is? Specifically the body panels and fenders.
I'm about to order some of this stuff to line the edge of my freshly cut fenders: http://www.mcmaster.com/#edge-trim/=6ztj91

I don't have a micrometer or else I'd measure the fenders my self. If no one knows, maybe someone with a micrometer could take a minute and measure for me?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
537 Posts
I just thought to myself...ya I have a caliper, I'll go out and measure the thickness. But then I remember my truck is a 100 miles away (got a ride from a friend back from school). If I remember, I'll check this sunday and if no one has a answer Ill run out and get a measurement for ya...

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just thought to myself...ya I have a caliper, I'll go out and measure the thickness. But then I remember my truck is a 100 miles away (got a ride from a friend back from school).
:banghead:

If I remember, I'll check this sunday and if no one has a answer Ill run out and get a measurement for ya...
That would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

·
Registered
537 Posts
What makes it even worse...my fathers 03 isnt here either (gone to work) might get it to ya tomorrow.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
Mic'd mined out. On a rolled edge, it was .052" thick.

On a non rolled edge, mic'd out to .031" thick. Because of the paint, it's probably 22 Gauge, which unpainted is .0299

-Phill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts