TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pulling the front diff for gears this weekend, and need to pull the driveshafts. I don't have the right size socket to remove the outer axle lock nut.
Anyone know what size it is.
2002 double cab TRD 4x4

Thanks in advance

·
wut?
1,466 Posts
Toyota4ever said:
I am pulling the front diff for gears this weekend, and need to pull the driveshafts. I don't have the right size socket to remove the outer axle lock nut.
2002 double cab TRD 4x4

Thanks in advance

35mm............

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I hope the chances of me getting one of those in Craftsman is OK tomorrow. I was wondering if I was going to have better luck finding a SAE similar size like 1 3/8 would work?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Toyota4ever said:
I hope the chances of me getting one of those in Craftsman is OK tomorrow. I was wondering if I was going to have better luck finding a SAE similar size like 1 3/8 would work?

Thanks
try homedepot they had a 35. a 36 will also work as noted by someone else.

i think the torque is 100+ so i don't think a standard work be a good idea unless it is the same... say a 19mm and a 3/4".

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Totally right info in the replys. Thanks

I couldn't find a 35mm or a 1 3/8 at either 2 places I went too. But I did find that Home Depot was closing out its individual sockets, and the 36mm was $2.00!! Last one on the shelf. Worked good enough. No stripping, but a little sloppy.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
35 mm socket

Toyota4ever said:
2002 double cab TRD 4x4

Thanks in advance

Not Craftsman , but I think it'll work!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts