TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
You are likely only going to see about 9-13 hp with those mods...there really isn't much more power to be had out of the 3.4 unless you get a s/c. I would do the the deck plate mod, amsoil (stock replacement) air filter, and replace your stock muffler with a magnaflow (or similar)...that should run you approx $150. It also might help a little to change all your fluids to synthetic and make sure that your metal throttle body gasket is not a restriction ("O" shaped instead of "D" shaped).

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
GreenTaco4x4 said:
I have a 1997 SR5 v6 with the auto tranny. I was wondering what size the stock piping is.

Also what type of performance gains am I looking at with 6" deckplate w/ high flow filter , performance exhaust, and the airraid tubing to the throttle body?
dont waste money on the airraid intake, wont do anything for you. i have the S/C, which obvisouly gave more power, and a magnaflow muffler that give a little more pep. not much, but noticed faster revving and it pulled better up hills.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
you're gonna be hurting w/ 33's on stock gears. are you V6 or 4cyl? manual or auto?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts