·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Be specific...it will help.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im lookin for a bit more of a wider stance for the front... but i don't want it to be too wide because my steering will be affected and it will put more stress on the bearings

·
Registered
156 Posts
put on whichever one you think will look better.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
does anyone have any pics of their trucks w/ spacers? if so, what size?

·
Registered
779 Posts
x2 on that jeremy.. why do you always beat me to the posts and then HAVE to say what I would say.. now all I am left with is "x2 on that jeremy.."

-Alex

·
Registered
148 Posts
yeah...depends on what wheel/tire combo yer talkin aboot.

I would go with less backspaced rims first, if possible.

I got 1.5" spacers with stock 88 chrome steelies, and 33x9.5" Buckshots.
I only went with spacers cause i already had the 33's on the 88 wheels, and needed them to clear both the calipers and for the tires to clear the end of the top A-arm.

I really need to replace the front lug studs with longer ones though. I dont like the way the spacers bolt on.
Just something to think aboot if you go with anything greater than a 1" spacer. The studs really are too short for anything wider.

by the way, longer studs from the dealer run $5 ea...x 12= $60 + tax.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I was told to go to Marlin Crawler by Jason Demello when I was looking for some. If they work on his truck I think they will work for me. Mine seem strong and I have had no problems so far. They come with longer studs. Beware of cheap locally bought stuff. I think I paid around $85 shipped.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Ill take " things that cause damage to my truck for 200 " Alex

Buy offset wheels . Spacers are bad
:2cents:

·
Registered
258 Posts
read up

GET A 1/4" SPACER WITH A 8" WIDE WHEEL, THATS THE BEST WAY TO ACHEIVE A WIDER STANCE WITHOUT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT STRESSING ANYTHING TO MUCH. aside from a wider tire of course

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
There is a big difference in the big washers you guys are talking about taht fit over your existing wheel studs and wheel spacers. The former cause improper lug nut engagement IMO without longer studs and for that much effort just get some real wheel spacers. I've run 1.5" and 2" now to clear some bigger brake calipers...on and off-road and if cared for and installed properly you should never notice they are there or have a problem.

With the larger brake calipers a rim of less backspacking does not solve the problem on an 85 SFA so you have to use some type of spacer arrangement.

:welder:

·
Registered
646 Posts
Anyone make a 3/4 inch spacer? Not one of the big washer types either. I only need 3/4" to clear the FJ80 calipers with my 15s and still keep the tires under the truck.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Will you give me more info as to where and who I need to get in touch with to purchase the 1" spacer?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts