TTORA Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1997 2.4l taco, what stock manuf ( ie. chevy,dodge....) wheels will fit my truck . I have not modified the suspention as of yet.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Usually Chevy has the same bolt pattern. It doesntt matter if you just know your bolt pattern and check.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Both Toyota and GM use the same 6x5.5 lug pattern. I've heard the late model may have different size, but not sure?

One thing to note is the center bore for GM is a bit smaller than Toyota, so make sure that you double check the center bore diamter to be 4.25" to fit the Toyota (on the front end).

·
Registered
456 Posts
...quick hi-jacking of thread...

not be hijacking this thread, but what say I had some wheeler's steelies for the tacoma.....will this fit the 1st gen's also?

I haven't had a chance to try swapping out a wheel yet as I don't have a means to get a tire off the ground yet.

I really need to pick up a 60" Hi-lift and some blocks for my jackstands.....

·
Premium Member
4,982 Posts
not be hijacking this thread, but what say I had some wheeler's steelies for the tacoma.....will this fit the 1st gen's also?

I haven't had a chance to try swapping out a wheel yet as I don't have a means to get a tire off the ground yet.

I really need to pick up a 60" Hi-lift and some blocks for my jackstands.....
they should swap right over, :cool:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
the wheeler's wheels should fit on the 1st gen. As far as the chevy wheels, it is a tight fit. When I first got my M/T classic II's, they sent me the center caps for a chevy. I had to kinda shove them on there and it was a PITA to get them off, but it fit.

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
I have a 1997 2.4l taco, what stock manuf ( ie. chevy,dodge....) wheels will fit my truck . I have not modified the suspention as of yet.
Pay Attenion Guys!
He has a 2.4L - That means he has a 5 lug mini

·
Registered
181 Posts
Good catch Grill.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Right, but posting this in a 4x4 oriented forum...so rather then basing off the engine size (which is easlily confused), I figured asking if it was 2x4 (5 lug) or 4x4/prerunner (6 lug) would be best.

If it is 2x4, then it's a 5x4.5...most 87-06ish jeeps, ford rangers, mustangs, and some f-150's, and lots of misc. mopars over the years.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Anything off a 5 lug Jeep will fit. Your bolt pattern is 5 x 4.5. Years ago I had a 96 Tacoma with Jeep steel wheels and 235's on stock suspension. It rubbed like hell until I put a spring spacer in.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Anything off a 5 lug Jeep will fit. Your bolt pattern is 5 x 4.5. Years ago I had a 96 Tacoma with Jeep steel wheels and 235's on stock suspension. It rubbed like hell until I put a spring spacer in.
Careful....pre-wrangler 5 lug (cj's and wagoneers) were 5x5.5, and newer grand cherokees and wranglers are 5x5. 87-06 wranglers, all downsized cherokees, 93-04 grand cherokees, comanchees, and liberties will work. Not to nit pick...just don't want someone to spend their hard earned money on rims that won't fit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hub bore size

So what would be the hub bore size required for a '05 Taco prerunner DC, it has 16X7, 6X5.5 wheels.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts