TTORA Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
4,068 Posts
Is this the noise you experienced?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJCwPSAEfGw

This is with the stock t-case in low range, and the tranny shifting from 3-5. The Whining is normal, it's the crackling/rattling sound that sounds like a loose shifter...

I had to have the stock t-case in low range, otherwise I'd be driving faster and the road noise is too loud. The crawl box still makes noise at gears between 3-5...
That's the exact same noise my brand new crawl box is making after 1k miles. SOB looks like I will be pulling the crawl box too when I swap to the FJ case in a week :mad:

So is inchworm warranting this shit or what?

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Thats very close to the sound i heard. Since yours is the first generation model, does it have the dual roller bearing?

Btw does anyone want to buy some duals i might be pulling mine in a few months. Thinking about going passenger side drop with a sfa/ gear drive duals.

Ive also heard that inchworm has discontinued the lefty case, i wonder if the duals are next...
The only difference with what you have now & 'gear drive duals' is the rear coupler / adapter plate and of course a gear drive t-case.

I've read of yours & Phills problems and just wanted to post up with 25k miles of ignored Marlin 4.7 taco box with no real problems (initial leak @ front plate), 3xRubicon 4xDusy, 4500 mile Moab/GrandTeton/Yellowstone trip, 2xDeath Valley (1100mile trips), 1xMojaveRoad, countless other local runs, 5000 miles in Central Oregon (all on-road high speed freeway). I do have an Automatic tranny, although all the issues are between the crawler/t-case and mine has been problem-free there. Only issue with the duals today is that my home-designed shifter is loose, and I have to take apart the console to tighten it up.

Good Luck to ya!

-Mark

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,211 Posts
That's the exact same noise my brand new crawl box is making after 1k miles. SOB looks like I will be pulling the crawl box too when I swap to the FJ case in a week :mad:

So is inchworm warranting this shit or what?
:mad:

I honestly think it's just pure dumb luck that this is happening. The races are lining up, the ball is lined up with the slot, and on an incline it's just falling right out. Were you on an incline when this happened?

They could offer me another brand new double row max cap bearing all they want, but I will respectfully refuse it. Without a doubt, it is the wrong bearing for this application.

·
4,068 Posts
:mad:

I honestly think it's just pure dumb luck that this is happening. The races are lining up, the ball is lined up with the slot, and on an incline it's just falling right out. Were you on an incline when this happened?

They could offer me another brand new double row max cap bearing all they want, but I will respectfully refuse it. Without a doubt, it is the wrong bearing for this application.
Shit I was on incline the whole weekend. Drove 500 miles to Harlan, KY to wheel, wheeled all weekend, and when I got on the freeway to head home the noise was there. I couldn't tell you exactly when it started over the course of the weekend.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,211 Posts
Shit I was on incline the whole weekend. Drove 500 miles to Harlan, KY to wheel, wheeled all weekend, and when I got on the freeway to head home the noise was there. I couldn't tell you exactly when it started over the course of the weekend.
Bummer. Same exact scenario with me. Launched my boat and immediately after on the way home it made noise

·
Registered
662 Posts
Same with me. I wheeled then it made noise on the dirt road on the way out.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts