TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats this about? Why cant we post more than 30 seconds apart? i went from one subject to another and I had to wait to post?

"Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 30 seconds."

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CronusTRD said:
It prevents spamming or post whoring, foo!
Ohh so they enabled it because of you! LOL

·
Registered
153 Posts
It's to prevent people from improving their 'newbie' status before their time......

I think I only have 50 or so more to go.....

whooo hoooo :)

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
There is one large problem with this board and I think it is it inherent in the software. Ones status is determined solely by how may posts one has made regardless of content or how long they been around contributing. Therefore some noob that has nothing to add achieves more status by posting numerous bullshit posts rather than adding any true content to the site. Other than that I'm getting use to it. It could use a spell checker like Delphi had and something indicating replies to messages I have posted would be nice too. I do like the message threading. You might know that once I broke down and paid Delphi, the board would move. Kinda like washing your car and it rains the very next day.

:soapbox:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dick Foster said:
There is one large problem with this board and I think it is it inherent in the software. Ones status is determined solely by how may posts one has made regardless of content or how long they been around contributing. Therefore some noob that has nothing to add achieves more status by posting numerous bullshit posts rather than adding any true content to the site. Other than that I'm getting use to it. It could use a spell checker like Delphi had and something indicating replies to messages I have posted would be nice too. I do like the message threading. You might know that once I broke down and paid Delphi, the board would move. Kinda like washing your car and it rains the very next day.

I dont think of post counts as status, i think of them as the person who cant shut up... Simple enough.

·
Kill Yourself!
2,091 Posts
Dick Foster said:

So are you saying that we should roll over post counts from the delphi board to over here? If so I think Shannon is the only one that can do that. I already tried to do it to my account and it didn't work. :confused:

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
Yes, I worked hard to get that count up in order to atain post whoredom status now I have start all over again just as I was getting close. Oh well at least Yunny doesn't have such a large lead on me anymore.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dick Foster said:
something indicating replies to messages I have posted would be nice too.

If you go into User CP, edit option, messaging & notification. Change default thread subscription mode to instant e-mail notification.

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
You gotta be kidding. There is no way that I am going to jam my work or even home email with this stuff. If this is the only way then the software is clearly missing an important feature.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
watch out that could be an endangerd rock species where some dumb ass fungus lives.. and it wont be good.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
DICK! dont be a dick DICK..

you can change how many times you get emailed a day

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
12 Participants
Dick Foster
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing