TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daily driving but still wheeling it as much as I can, daily driving consist of to and from work(20-30 miles daily) wheeling consists of snow when there is some and rocks mostly and very rarely mud(not bogging or anything)
Would like to run MTRs they are a little more on the expensive side...then thinking iroks but they wear too fast
I really like the MTRs...are there any other tires similar that still keep a narrow look to them?

I will running a 37-38" tire...I have a 16.5" rim so I'd have to get new rims of I got MTRs...

Thanks

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Daily driving but still wheeling it as much as I can, daily driving consist of to and from work(20-30 miles daily) wheeling consists of snow when there is some and rocks mostly and very rarely mud(not bogging or anything)
Would like to run MTRs they are a little more on the expensive side...then thinking iroks but they wear too fast
I really like the MTRs...are there any other tires similar that still keep a narrow look to them?

I will running a 37-38" tire...I have a 16.5" rim so I'd have to get new rims of I got MTRs...

Thanks
16.5" width or is that the tire size?
if you are running that wide wheel your tire choices will be limited.
or...you are running 8-lug Ford wheels on full-size axles?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
16.5" width or is that the tire size?
if you are running that wide wheel your tire choices will be limited.
or...you are running 8-lug Ford wheels on full-size axles?
No rim height is 16.5, width is 9 or 10 I think.
Yeah 8 lug full size axles

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Heard they don't air down well...?
never had a problem down to 10psi w/o beadlocks.
gonna fine out how they do at 2psi ...w/beadlocks...in the snow tomorrow :D

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Ive seen that scuba has aired his down pretty low and they have held up fine

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
wow im super jealous, let me know how they do!
tires hooked up great in the snow...once I dropped them to 0psi :p
I started out around 8psi but once we got into 3' of powder to push through it qickly became obvious that wasn't nearly low enough. I got lazy and just let them piss air until they stopped and ran completely flat. The truck was able to plow though a lot of stuff that other rigs there could not do. I did get some interesting looks from others, however :p "uh, do you know your tries are flat?" Once we got back into the packed snow I had to add air...ride was a joke and couldn't steer easily even with hydro assist...my PS pump was screaming!

The next time I'll try getting a closer estimate on actual psi and not let them get quite that flat.

Others in the group dropped down as low as 6psi w/o beadlocks and no one lost a bead. I think Phil was down to 2-3 with his beadlocks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
tires hooked up great in the snow...once I dropped them to 0psi :p
I started out around 8psi but once we got into 3' of powder to push through it qickly became obvious that wasn't nearly low enough. I got lazy and just let them piss air until they stopped and ran completely flat. The truck was able to plow though a lot of stuff that other rigs there could not do. I did get some interesting looks from others, however :p "uh, do you know your tries are flat?" Once we got back into the packed snow I had to add air...ride was a joke and couldn't steer easily even with hydro assist...my PS pump was screaming!

The next time I'll try getting a closer estimate on actual psi and not let them get quite that flat.

Others in the group dropped down as low as 6psi w/o beadlocks and no one lost a bead. I think Phil was down to 2-3 with his beadlocks.
did you guys get any pictures out in the snow?

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
did you guys get any pictures out in the snow?
waiting for others to post pics. i only got some video on my Contour dash cam that I'm still sifting through.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts