TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a completly stock 4runner 230k, 22re, w56 (noisy throw out bearing), a very rusty and bondo'd body, some dents from me flogging it thru my woods in stock form, and the frame is solid. So my question is what should I do with it? I do not have a tow rig so trail only is not an option.

A. Fix the small things and get the truck inspected, slap on some 32in. mud tires, crank the t-bars and block or shackle the rear, cut whatever else is in the way, Possiable a 4.88 regear. Wheel it

B. Save my coin for a toyota axle SAS go to say 4.88's, rear locker, 34's or 35's , build bumpers, worry about inspection after the build is done. Wheel it harder :)

C. Complete option A. wheel until I learn to be a very experinced smart offroad driver, while saving money up and waiting for the truck to become history where no inspection is needed. Then tear it apart and SAS with 1 ton stuff and do a true hardcore build. Wheel it (with a heavy foot and no worries :D )

What would you do?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
c, but you can also trade up like i have and have a nice rig with no money really into it:D i would weld the rear, toss on 33s and tcase gears and wheel the shit outta it like that for a while, then slowly up grade, like sliders bumpers do everything except more drivetrain, dont waste money on the ifs, at all.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
C - definitely

You can fit 33x10.50 with no lift on the stock rims. 4.88's are great with 33's and a manual tranny. Armor it up and wheel the crap out of it.

x2 for not spending money on lift that you're just gonna cut off!

·
Registered
286 Posts
sounds like your just dreaming...i'd just build it little by little

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not dreaming but planning, I would rather know where the truck is going then drop money into things that arent in the final product. At least that s my thinking.

·
Registered
241 Posts
D. Give it to me for a parts truck.

:D

·
Registered
415 Posts
C

get a welder and make your own sliders and bumpers.

just wheel it and have fun!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kyron said:
C

get a welder and make your own sliders and bumpers.

just wheel it and have fun!

Waiting on my electical buddy to hook the wire up for 220 in the garage, then the fabbing begins. :welder:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts