TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I searched - and searched. Saw little on it other than occational mention of 12" travel. Would like to here what you guys set-up like this
/ \ are running?

Thanks,
TBob

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
RS 9000's. First get out your tape measure then get someone who knows how to use it give you a hand. LOL

·
Registered
854 Posts
How much lift do you have? You'll have to measure to find out what size you should get. Search on that. :p
Ummm....why did you change your avatar? I liked the old one! Bring it back!

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
10 inch bilsteins with my chevys. I'm getting rid of them as I need more travel. It's not the shocks, its the springs. :(

Tim

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
How would you know anything? Your truck has been sitting since the SAS and you don't wheel anyway.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
You need to flex the truck out to figure out what length shocks you need.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Dick - helpful as unsual :rolleyes:
I know how to measure - was hoping to get a rough idea of how much travel people are getting out of these. I have 12" right now and I set them up perfect for my deavers but I was thinking that the chevy's might flex even more if so I was gona bump up to the short body 7100's I think I could make those fit.

RS 9000's. First get out your tape measure then get someone who knows how to use it give you a hand. LOL

·
Registered
779 Posts
that was me pretending to take my wife's car on a WRC course. LOL I'll change back soon enough.
the wife of 1.5 years?? and already got her a mini!? or did you talk her into gettin it so you could take it out for pictures..? LOL

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
I have the chevy springs and 14" Bilstiens. But the catch is the ride! I have them angled top toward center as most like to do, but they are also angled toward the back of the truck as well so that they will fit under the truck, which helps but makes the ride and load capacity suffer.

I have not had any issues stuffing a tire so much as to completely compress a shock and the leaf springs are the limiting factor on extension, which I prefer.

To be honest, I don't think I have had the truck where the rear springs were completely flexed out. If so, I wasn't aware of it at the time! But to me the truck flexs really good with the chevys in the rear and the all pros up front. But the All pros up front are already worn out and need to be replaced, thus possible reason for such good articulation out of my truck.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Sorry, forgot those details, I do have a three inch body lift which allows for a taller shock tower (3"x4" square tubing–only extra stock metal I had at the time).

The shocks are the 5150's. Here is a link to my online photo album that has photos of the rear set up as we built it. Let me know if you have issues opening anything

http://www.imagestation.com/album/index.html?id=2116137642

Maybe you will see something that might be of some help to you.Ask any questions I might be able to answer.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
do u believe prostitution should be legalized?
j/k - thanks for the info Bear.
Only with strick regulation! and no taxation ;)

If nothing else look at my photos for examples of what not to do if you don't like the set up! Once I get around to it and cultivate the money crop again, I am planning on redoing the rear into a "modified" 4 link with leafs up front.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
My buddy was running 14" fox's with his chevies...they were either just pefect or slightly too short, but he went through the bed a little bit.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts