TTORA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'01 TRD Taco w/ARB and 2" Cornfed; '80 Toy Pickup w/20r, crawler, 36" Swampers, tube bed, etc, etc..
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up an '01 Taco (from a former WATTORA member) and I thought I'd drop in to see what's become of the ol' stomping grounds. The "new" forum looks so much better than the old Delphi forum (that'll date me for some of you). I'm glad to see TTORA is still alive and kickin'!

Any old pharts (from the original Delphi forum) still around? I don't even remember who all were regulars back then... The only (non-WATTORA) names I can remember are Shannon and TacoZilla. There was one dude that moved from AZ to WA, had a SAS'd '99 and a thing for squirrels (IIRC). I want to say his name was Anthony, but I can't remember for sure anymore. That was many, many moons ago... and honestly -- I've never had the best memory.

I suppose I should say a little blurb about myself since I suspect the vast majority of folks who might remember me have moved on. I live in Monroe, WA. I've been a software engineer for 20+ years, married 27 years, and I have a daughter and granddaughter. I've had three Tacomas (1st was a '95, 2nd was also an '01), bought then sold a '73 FJ40, and my current project is a 1980 Toy pickup ("the Cow").

The Cow has: 20R (GM ignition conversion), W56 w/Marlin doubler, 36" Swampers, 5.29s, a spool in the back (will be swapped for dual ARBs at some point), power steering from a 4 Runner, York 210 OBA, internal cage "in progress" (for the past 7 years LOL), Corbeau Baja RS seats with harnesses, and it's been completely rewired. To be fabbed (in addition to finishing the cage some day): Front winch bumper, rear winch mount, and some sort of spare tire mount. To be fixed: The tach and temp gauges don't work after the rewire, there's multiple holes in the floorboards, and who knows what else at this point. I'm also considering tossing the leafs for coils since the butt end is so light that it can barely compress the TG 4" lift (2 leaves removed at each corner).

The Taco: '01 TRD, 5 speed, 2" spacer (Cornfed, IIRC) up front and AAL in the back, 265/75/16 BFG ATs, 8k Warn winch tucked into the ARB bumper, 321k on the chassis and trans and 80-90k on the JDM engine that the previous owner and I swapped in back in '15. I'll probably throw some coil overs up front at some point. I have no plans to SAS or go too crazy with this rig. I wanted it for mild trail running (Naches and FS roads), camping, and running around town when I'm not in the mood for Mopar or Yamaha.

My other rides are: '08 Chrysler 300C (the beauty), '94 Dodge Ram 2500 with a 12v Cummins (the beast), (the wife's) '13 Jeep (aka: The Token Jeep), an '08 Yamaha FJR13000 (Rockey) and a '14 Yamaha Super Tenere (Bullwinkle). They all run, and are driven/ridden regularly, so no ******* references please lol

Admins -- Is there any chance of getting back into my old account? The email associated with that account (ChrisCo) has been gone for 10+ years :( I may be able to dig up an old email from where I was on the Prez list back in the day, and I'm fairly sure that I can send a photo of my original TTORA membership card if it'd help prove my identity :D

1stWATTORAPrez (a.k.a. ChrisCo)

·
Registered
'01 TRD Taco w/ARB and 2" Cornfed; '80 Toy Pickup w/20r, crawler, 36" Swampers, tube bed, etc, etc..
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to mention the '07 Tundra (4 door, long bed -- turned like a bus lol) after the first '01 Taco :D

·
Reppin the Flips on TTORA
816 Posts
Admins -- Is there any chance of getting back into my old account? The email associated with that account (ChrisCo) has been gone for 10+ years :( I may be able to dig up an old email from where I was on the Prez list back in the day, and I'm fairly sure that I can send a photo of my original TTORA membership card if it'd help prove my identity :D

1stWATTORAPrez (a.k.a. ChrisCo)
^ This guy @ShowStop got me back to mine! I got rid of my original email too and was unable to log back in as FlipSideUp, but ShowStop took care of it!(y)

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,595 Posts
^ This guy @ShowStop got me back to mine! I got rid of my original email too and was unable to log back in as FlipSideUp, but ShowStop took care of it!(y)
@ChrisCo Missed that request in your original post. Got you back into your old account and updated the email. Check your email for a password reset.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@ChrisCo Missed that request in your original post. Got you back into your old account and updated the email. Check your email for a password reset.
No worries at all. I've been busy enough that I didn't even notice that you'd missed it lol

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, and you can get rid of the new account if you'd like. I have no use for an alternate account.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts