TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a student at Metro State and have been thinking of starting a online magazine. But I want it to be reader driven. I want you to jump online and want to read it. I have a lot of ideas but want to see what other people have as other ideas. I'm not going to copy another magazine but I want it to be different. I real don't have a clue to what the content will consist but I'm going to try my best to make it something worth your time.
Lets start with-----
Would you like more rigs featured to be something you could build or wild and crazy paint jobs and way out of budget for the average wheeler? I'm thinking of writing about rigs with a minimum of 35's and lockers front and rear. What you think?

Thanks Taco

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I'm a student at Metro State and have been thinking of starting a online magazine. But I want it to be reader driven. I want you to jump online and want to read it. I have a lot of ideas but want to see what other people have as other ideas. I'm not going to copy another magazine but I want it to be different. I real don't have a clue to what the content will consist but I'm going to try my best to make it something worth your time.
Lets start with-----
Would you like more rigs featured to be something you could build or wild and crazy paint jobs and way out of budget for the average wheeler? I'm thinking of writing about rigs with a minimum of 35's and lockers front and rear. What you think?

Thanks Taco
ke to see a magazine that isnt based on selling products... more on how to build your own! id also say leave out the restriction... you need a wide target audience so even tho we dream about 35s and lockers and a crawl box thats not what most people own.. nor the majority of your readers!

but if you can educate people on suspention setup.... body work....... general fabrication techiniques... basic engineering

all the things that you need to be a good well rounded wheeler

also at least every month do an article on recovery techniques! diffrent situations diffrent solutions

i would most deffinitly read it! espeially if you get sean to help with some tech god knows he could fill a few pages!!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I remember back in the day the off the shelf rags would have trail runs. A good 5 page spread with local guy pictures. They would tell you about the trail and the sights next to it, tell you a little about the local heros/people running the trail with real word pictures and wheeling.

Now all you see it gnarly trails that can only be run by moon buggies or swamp rats. Trails that don't take you someplace cool to sight-see or camp are the norm. 1/2 mile of VW bug sized boulders look the same after the first 3 articles, even more so when you only run the trails with Clifton Slay (Petersons :rolleyes:).

So in short, go run local trails with local guys and tell about the fun wheeling and sweet sights. Focus on full bodied rigs, buggies are getting old.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I remember back in the day the off the shelf rags would have trail runs. A good 5 page spread with local guy pictures. They would tell you about the trail and the sights next to it, tell you a little about the local heros/people running the trail with real word pictures and wheeling.

Now all you see it gnarly trails that can only be run by moon buggies or swamp rats. Trails that don't take you someplace cool to sight-see or camp are the norm. 1/2 mile of VW bug sized boulders look the same after the first 3 articles, even more so when you only run the trails with Clifton Slay (Petersons :rolleyes:).

So in short, go run local trails with local guys and tell about the fun wheeling and sweet sights. Focus on full bodied rigs, buggies are getting old.
x3

I would love to see local trail runs in a magazine from stockers to mild mods not just buggies. Have a section with little tips and tricks on how to help ypur rig do better on trail. I think have part reviews from readers, that have tried and tested them, and not professionals. Builts on home fabed bumpers, sliders, cages, etc.

·
20,355 Posts
X4 wasnt around when it was like that for the wheeling community, but i love a few dirt bike mags that have local runs covered in them as well as actual useful info on modding vehicles.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Yeah, what Brian said.

I like the idea of local stuff and long trips...sort of like the Expedition Journal, but with a more local, "I can actually get there" feel, specifically hauling or crawling.

It would also be great to see a corner on technical information for home building...for example, how to improve the quality of your bends, tips for welding uphill, home shop safety gear, tube assembly tie-ins, maximizing efficiency of available space, stuff like that.

Not so much how to design 4-links, or shootouts of the latest Add-A-Leaf kits, tho...that stuff is already well-covered by other publications. A "locals" focus, and builds & trips within reach...that'd be cool.

The hardest part might be not duplicating what's already available online, and adhering to the potentially very high standard you may set yourself in the first release...

...Just some thoughts.

-Sean

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks you all for your ideas keep them coming I'm writing them all down and am trying to figure out what I want the outline of my page to be. Another note what would be a good name? Gunk's LOL any idea. But I want it to be a general brand rag not just toyota.
Thanks Again Taco

1 - 8 of 8 Posts