TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
odd. i wouldnt think of it as a racist symbol, but when you have a noose hanging in an area that is only visible to a mostly black group and that area is only accessible by 2 white men, both of which dont seem to care about it being there, does make it questionable.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Exactly. I wonder how long it will take the NAACP to jump in this one :rolleyes:

Let the Debates begin... :lmao:

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
It's there for other people too, it's directed towards the black workers only?

I hate people who shout racist at everything they see. No wonder why I got suspended for plainly saying "what it do" at school.

·
Registered
741 Posts
i dont think its a racist symbol becuase we hung a lot more people that wernt black, and the noose was only used in later era, for black people as it is too uncruel today, maybe one of the guys is just into pain and old torture devices :confused: .

but if the white guys said its to hang black people, then obviously there racist.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
exacto said:
i dont think its a racist symbol becuase we hung a lot more people that wernt black, and the noose was only used in later era, for black people as it is too uncruel today, maybe one of the guys is just into pain and old torture devices :confused: .

but if the white guys said its to hang black people, then obviously there racist.
He said that? Musta missed it...

I would probably be pissed too then, lol

·
Registered
532 Posts
its amazing how people only read what they want to read. the story was clear to me.

there is a work area where the majority of the workers are black. there is a noose hanging behind a locked fence that only the white boss and the white equipment manager can access. the noose is in plain site to the entire work area filled with black workers. when questioned about it, white boss doesnt care to give an explanation. who put the noose there and why? only 2 reasons come to my mind, either someone one planned to kill themselves in a place they would be easily found, or someone wanted to leave a threatening symbol as a racist joke or racist intimidation.

of course a noose in itself is not a racist symbol, you would have to be a complete moron to think otherwise. but under these circumstances, it sounds probable. and the black workers may have more reason to believe so than is being reported in the news. but no one cares to consider that.

its funny how some are so quick to give every benefit of the doubt to a white man like michael richards even when there is indisputable proof to the contrary, yet when the tables are turned to a minority it is automatically dismissed as crybaby bullshit regardless of the circumstances. that says alot.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well to me , every black guy ive ever worked with pulled the race card at least once a day. Not only that but, I didnt hear much from the "white manager" and news likes to twist shit around. Not saying that it is right but, if you dont hear both sides of the story equally, its all assumption and speculation (sp) It could have been like the case on here I forget the screen name but he had setup a camera for someone jumping his fence and useing his computer. Mabey the boss was noticing things being taken and THAT was the warning to the crook? Who knows. cant come to the conclusion based on one side of the party. If he gets canned for the shit, hes wasnt very smart for putting it there in the first place :rolleyes:

purity said:
its amazing how people only read what they want to read. the story was clear to me.

there is a work area where the majority of the workers are black. there is a noose hanging behind a locked fence that only the white boss and the white equipment manager can access. the noose is in plain site to the entire work area filled with black workers. when questioned about it, white boss doesnt care to give an explanation. who put the noose there and why? only 2 reasons come to my mind, either someone one planned to kill themselves in a place they would be easily found, or someone wanted to leave a threatening symbol as a racist joke or racist intimidation.

of course a noose in itself is not a racist symbol, you would have to be a complete moron to think otherwise. but under these circumstances, it sounds probable. and the black workers may have more reason to believe so than is being reported in the news. but no one cares to consider that.

its funny how some are so quick to give every benefit of the doubt to a white man like michael richards even when there is indisputable proof to the contrary, yet when the tables are turned to a minority it is automatically dismissed as crybaby bullshit regardless of the circumstances. that says alot.

·
Registered
414 Posts
purity said:

:clap:

Maybe if the employees were 50% black people, and 50% Wiccans, then there might be a good debate that it wasn't meant to be racist.

Even if the noose truely wasn't meant to represent anything, the management should still be punished. Learn office ettiquette and ethics. Looks like these guys will have to learn the hard way. I know first hand about learning office ethics the first time around, as this is my first professional job.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
In the story, one worker claims that it was directly racist when he asked the white boss about it, although that conversation was not recorded and is only the word of one person:

"Installer Shomari Houston, according to the complaint, says he asked his white boss, Gary Murdock, why a hangman's noose was in his workplace. He says the response was: To hang two black employees."

But, also another employee recorded it when he asked the same question and got this answer:

"Jackson says he continued to ask that the noose be taken down, and openly recorded the following conversation with Willie.

Jackson: "Who's that for, the rope?"

Willie: "For anybody who goes past that door that I don't want them in there."

Jackson: "Hang 'em?"

Willie: "Yeah."

I would think that if there were previous incidents or racist comments, then the racism claim could be warrented. There could also be other reasons for the noose than making a racist statement. Maybe someone had been breaking into this caged area and ripping off equipment. Unfortunately there is no background information. Only people making accusations based on one isolated incident (that was revealed in the story), and this will certainly escilate into a public outrage.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
8 Participants
bradleyem
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing