TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
where would i get a stronger clutch for my s/cd truck.
anything that i should stay away from
how much approximatley for the install.?????

i wouldnt know how to install the clutch so where can i have one installed and get a good product?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Centerforce makes a great clutch. I always say if you're going to go to all the trouble to drop the transfer case and do a clutch job, you may as well put a premium clutch and throw-out bearing back in that will last the life of the truck under reasonable driving conditions.

http://www.centerforce.com/

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
00trdtaco said:
I got a dual friction LC Engineering clutch and have been happy with it so far.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have ACT clutch...AWESOME! dont get the 6 puck though...Definetly too harsh for daily driving..

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,483 Posts
00trdtaco said:
I've installed three Centerforce Dual friction clutches for various people, and all are happy with the clutch. 1 had a s/c the other 2 do rockcrawling. I'd highly recommend them. The dual friction kit does NOT come with a throwout bearing, pilot bearing or alignment tool. Be sure to get the bearings and the alignment tool if needed. I also STRONGLY recommend you get a Toyota throwout bearing as they seem less prone to bearing squeal.

Good pricing on the dual friction is here: www.dualfriction.com

·
Registered
612 Posts
drice82 said:
HA! this is an offroad forum not customtacos.com
Personally I think Centerforce clutches are great. Not only do we not like Fram, we apparently don't like Centerforce...
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
168 Posts
97TacoDude said:
Personally I think Centerforce clutches are great. Not only do we not like Fram, we apparently don't like Centerforce...
:clap:
I love my Fram Sure Grip Filter.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
K&N

97TacoDude said:
don't forget about K&N!

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
97TacoDude said:
Centerforce makes a great clutch. I always say if you're going to go to all the trouble to drop the transfer case and do a clutch job, you may as well put a premium clutch and throw-out bearing back in that will last the life of the truck under reasonable driving conditions.

http://www.centerforce.com/
:eek: The reason we have Toyotas is so they will outlast a clutch! :D

·
Registered
612 Posts
I've heard of Toyota clutches going 200,000 miles. That of course is with a mature driver behind the wheel.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
TundraV6 said:
I have ACT clutch...AWESOME! dont get the 6 puck though...Definetly too harsh for daily driving..
Which one did you get? Do you wheel your truck. I'm looking to upgrade to an ACT clutch.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Super Doody said:
Which one did you get? Do you wheel your truck. I'm looking to upgrade to an ACT clutch.

I have the TA2-HD00. Grabs nice and hard and I do occasionally wheel my truck. It can support up to 408 ft/lbs and it easily handles the power of my charger. Nice smooth engagement when you want it and also shortens the length the pedal has to travel for engagement. Shop around though the prices vary quite a bit on these...I got mine for 450.00. Cheapest price I found.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
TundraV6 said:
I have the TA2-HD00. Grabs nice and hard and I do occasionally wheel my truck. It can support up to 408 ft/lbs and it easily handles the power of my charger. Nice smooth engagement when you want it and also shortens the length the pedal has to travel for engagement. Shop around though the prices vary quite a bit on these...I got mine for 450.00. Cheapest price I found.

Thanks. Did you get it online? Got a link? How much did you pay for install?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Im trying to remember the website...If it comes to me Ill post it up. Install was around 250. Got it done at AAMCO.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I just received an LC Engineering newsletter. They have a special going on with their dual friction clutch and billet aluminum flywheel. Looked like agood deal.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Hey what is wrong with Centerforce clutches in all seriousness?

·
Registered
469 Posts
97TacoDude said:
Hey what is wrong with Centerforce clutches in all seriousness?
I think most people respect Centerforce clutches, but most Tacomas don't really need that much of a clutch. That's why many people recommend the stock clutch - they hold up very well for most people.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts