TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a sfa out of an 84 pickup. its complete from hub to hub, stock with 4.10 gears. whats a solid axle selling for lately? Im debating if i want to hold on to it for parts, or sell it to do more stuff to my rig.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
$82347587123408750174085

Check craigslist; some clod wanted like $200 for one without a third member.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Yota Jim's sells complete SFA, hub to hub with thirds for $350.

I bought mine for $300 from a TTORA member.

I think the lowest I've seen complete ones go for is $250.

It might also depend on the year too. 84 and 85 housing are the most desired because the housings are better reinforced than the earlier years. So 79 to 83 housings might go for less.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Well, there are 2 sides: keep for parts or sell for better parts...

Sell: $200 ? range... what can you get for $200 to upgrade?

Keep: Stock parts are Band-Aids until you HAVE to get new parts, so... trail spares? Steering arms? Spindles?

I'd say sell it and buy Longfield goodies. Their wiper seals and titties and cheap; $40 a pair?

Sell it; you'll gain floor space and can upgrade your current axle. Plus I have other Dan's old axle for spare spare parts.

:D

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
A stock 84/85 300-350
Pre 84 250-300

Just what I have done on them in the past few years. Sold an 84 recently for $350 in a week.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the input. i need to get an exhaust done on the truck, and selling the axle would help that happen. i know as soon as i sell it, something will break, and if i keep it forever, i wont need anything off of it.

thats the way it goes for me

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nothing! you should just give it to me and ill dispose of it for you to save you the hassle :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts