TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The little padded piece above the fold down seats in the xtracab. Is there any room behind it? Looking for a place to hide my eq's which, length and width wise will fit there but I do not know the depth.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
I think they are just bolted on there - I do belive the back metal is double walled though, so in theory you could do a cut out behind them and have some room.. I just checked the FSM, it is just bolted to the back metal of the truck, the top plastic piece comes off and the bolts are under it. I'd upload the PDF but this board only allows 19k, and it's 30k.

·
Registered
741 Posts
akshunj said:
The little padded piece above the fold down seats in the xtracab. Is there any room behind it? Looking for a place to hide my eq's which, length and width wise will fit there but I do not know the depth.
i don't think much will fit behind there, i haven't actually took off the cushion part in the back, but the plastic peice comes out fairly easy and it looks like it goes to the back of the sheet metal. im not sure

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So there's a solid peice of metal? Damn. If you want you can email the pdf when you get a chance.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
akshunj said:
So the sheet metal seems to be double walled and bubbles out to meet the cushion?
There is no room behind it, you can run wires thats about it. but nothing taller than a 1/2 will fit behind there. The cab isnt double walled back there, the only place its double walled is the A/B/C and even those are shitty, i should know mine are all falling apart!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it, it just seemed like it would be as thick as the seats since they sit flush when folded up. Back to the drawing board.

·
www.madmav.com
547 Posts
Tankota said:
I think they are just bolted on there - I do belive the back metal is double walled though, so in theory you could do a cut out behind them and have some room.. I just checked the FSM, it is just bolted to the back metal of the truck, the top plastic piece comes off and the bolts are under it. I'd upload the PDF but this board only allows 19k, and it's 30k.
David, try again.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Tankota said:
Can someone with the FSM or experience tell me what the heck is beneath the drivers side rear seat? If it's just empty space, surely it could be used for something.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you mean where the jack and tire iron are stored in the cubby hole? If you mean under the hump in the sheetmetal that is for the tranny/transfercase.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Jamier2 said:
Can someone with the FSM or experience tell me what the heck is beneath the drivers side rear seat? If it's just empty space, surely it could be used for something.
the whole thing is a cubby hole. its a bolted on sheetmetal seat, the whole rear bench is only 4 bolts holding it together.

·
Registered
469 Posts
akshunj said:
Do you mean where the jack and tire iron are stored in the cubby hole? If you mean under the hump in the sheetmetal that is for the tranny/transfercase.
No, like I said under the drivers side rear seat, not in the center.

I figured it was empty, and I don't want to relocate the things from under the passenger side seat just yet. I just wonder how well it would work for a small items storage area, if you put a hinged door on the front. Heck, maybe I could put my CD changer in there.

·
Registered
469 Posts
DesertTRD said:
the whole thing is a cubby hole. its a bolted on sheetmetal seat, the whole rear bench is only 4 bolts holding it together.
If you have the FSM pages, could you email them to me? The email is jamier at insightbb dot com.

Thanks,
Jamie

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jamier2 said:
If you have the FSM pages, could you email them to me? The email is jamier at insightbb dot com.

Thanks,
Jamie
I see what you mean. Like Corey said, it's just a few bolts holding it on.

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
"Back to the drawing board."

Are you wanting to keep the functionality of the rear seats? Do passengers actually use them? If not, you could fab up replacements with an EQ in each one (assuming you're running two EQ's). What EQ(s) are you gonna be running?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I'm going for a stealth install. The amps are going top be mounted inside the rear passenger seats so when they are folded up you can see them and when the seats are down you cannot see them.

I have 2 Audiocontrol EQS's.

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
Why are you gonna be running two EQS's? Twelve channels of equalization seems a tad excessive.

In regard to the placement, unless your headrests are considerably larger than the one's on my '99, the EQS's won't fit; the headrests aren't quite tall enough, I don't believe. A custom EQ rack on the ceiling would work. You could upholster the rack to help it blend in with the factory headliner.

Are you going to be running speakers in the factory rear locations? If not, I think there's plenty of room there. But it may prove tricky to access a few of the controls. Moving back to the front seats, you could always mount them in the front seatbacks. That's a fairly difficult/expensive route, though.

I'm sorry if you've already posted this info and I missed it, but could you list the components in your system? If you'd rather private msg. me with that info, feel free. Just trying to get a better idea of your setup, so I can get a better idea of options.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts