·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
341 Posts
I might be interested in going

Is there any openings for another Toyota (locked front & rear trail rating 5 capable)in the group for this weekend @ Barnwell mountain. I would be driving from Austin and leaving Friday night and start wheeling early Saturday. I'm interested.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Great!

Well, I will be bringing the beast up on a trailer and have never been up there. Is there a specific place you guys meet on Saturday morning? I will be leaving Friday night at about 9PM to get there later that evening and sleep in the rig or tent to be ready the next day. If you don't mind, fill me in and let me know where to go in order to meet you guys so I can be prepared if you don't mind. Also, will there be access to get into the palce Friday night in order to set up camp and park the trailer and rig and pitch a tent? Oh..and Thanks for the invite!!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
On My Way!`

I will be leaving this evening to Barnwell mountains. I have all the info to get there. I just wanted to drop my phone number here just in case you guys do not see me Saturday morning. My Cell# is 512-652-8103. Name is Rick and I should be rolling in around 2-3A.M. and will be driving up in a black (all bedliner 85 toyota 4X4. Obviously after I sleep I will be making my way up the trail to meet you guys in the early A.M. after I wake...not at 2-3am. Anywho...this will be my last post before I get there...won't have time! Thanks for the invite.

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The mountain was absolutely awesome! Big thanks to Matt for manning the fire and cooking the steaks.

Here was Saturday morning:

It was good to meet Jonathan and Rick (Amplified), although "Mr. 5 rated trails only" broke down on a fire road. :flipoff2:

Jonathan did really well. As a first-timer in a full-size Tundra with an LSD, he got through some twisty little trails with relative ease. He is still probably washing the mud out from under his truck. :D

The poor Jeep that was abandoned in the hole on "On Any Sunday" is still there... week #4.

Somewhere there are pictures of me doing Clyde's Crack, including a cool wheelstand as I completed it.

It was great to get out for a quiet weekend of camping and wheeling, and the weather couldn't have been better. I am already looking forward to going back!

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Cool pics!

I checked on that Jeep and was able to pull up the current owner and address. If the BMRA staff are interested, I can forward it over to them.

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
Cool pics! Looks like fun. I'm already looking forward to going back again one day.

Neat, new finger graffiti on the windshield! I'm surprised that the Jeep has been there that long and not been winched out or robbed of all it's parts.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Barnwell

Awesome place, great guys...can't wait to go there again!

·
Premium Member
5,583 Posts
looks like a good time, post some more pics when yall get back. Damn I wish I had a trail rig already

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Awesome place, great guys...can't wait to go there again!

yeah its a bad ass place !!

I've been there 5 times I think and still haven't done every trail.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts