TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just got a 2000 sequoia with 240k mi. 4.7L 2.5" lift and 33's. Planning on hitting the alpine loop with the family. It should be pretty tame but I'd like to know what parts you have broken on easy trails.

Thanks..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello, I just got a 2000 sequoia with 240k mi. 4.7L 2.5" lift and 33's. Planning on hitting the alpine loop with the family. It should be pretty tame but I'd like to know what parts you have broken on easy trails.
Thanks..
You don't mention any under armor.
CV's
Running boards & Rocker panels (if not slider equipped)
Watch your lines or Diffs, gas tank, and rear hitch can take a beating.
Expect some pinstripes on lower parts of the trails Esp. early in the season.

Check out
for a good idea of the trails.

I recommend that you stop in to the Artisan Bakery & Cafe in town for a treat while you are in the area.
If you are adventurous and looking for some good food that is NOT what you'd expect from a small mountian town. Drop into "The Goods" on 7th ave for a bite.

Enjoy your ride!
Boort

·
Registered
1 Posts
We hit the Alpine Loop and associated trails every summer. In my opinion, the most commonly broken parts are tires. You need good, strong tires with reinforced sidewalls to avoid punctures and damage to sidewalls from pinches and rock cuts. Cooling parts are critical at the high elevations. Weak cooling systems will allow overheating of engine, transmission, etc and cut your adventures short. We also like having good strong skid plates on our vehicles in case we hit bottom...which is common on Mineral Creek from hwy 550 to Engineer Pass. I'd avoid Poughkeepsie Gulch unless you have lockers and a winch and don't mind some possible damage and I'd put off Black Bear until you're pretty comfortable with the heights of the narrow shelf roads up there. Just take it slow and easy to avoid shock-loading your driveline parts and you should be fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help. As far as armor goes it has the factory skid plates on the front and another one around the fuel tank. It also has the factory running boards. For tires I have new BFG AT KO2's. I'd be glad to have any other pointers offered as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good luck on your adventure. There are some narrow tracks where you will meet another vehicle going in the opposite direction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts