TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just what the topic says. I know I will need access to a laptop and the wideband O2 sensor controller. Anything else that I will need? Also does Gadget include instructions on how to tune with the URD kit?

·
Registered
107 Posts
All the info you need is on the URD site. A complete DIY tuning guide is also available through the site as well.

·
609 Posts
You will need an OBDII scanner that can read the fuel trim values. Here is the U-Tune link . There are some great threads on the old Delphi board that get into detail as well. Drive to Wisconsin and I will help you or Dave(TRDolMAN) will help you in Cali.

·
Registered
123 Posts
so basically all that is needed to tune it is a laptop equiped with "obd diagnostics BR-3" and this will allow the ecu to be tuned?

as for the wideband sensor, is that needed? or will it just help fine tune what the obd diagnostics couldn't?

·
609 Posts
dadunc205x said:
so is that WOT at like 5k rps, or at all rps? I guess is that to cure more of the ping issue or the high rpm lean issues? thanks
WOT is a throttle position percentage. Your lean issues will be fixed by the injectors and pump in conjunction with the FTC to dial it in to a perfect ratio. The ratio will be read by the wideband meter. The OBDII scanner is for the closed loop portion which is important to do before the WOT part. This part of tuning is the closed loop. During closed loop you are not actually reprogramming the ECU but instead the signals that run to/from it. The end result are the injectors squirting the right amount of fuel and the tining being retard'd just enough to cure the ping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts