TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys i have a wierd noise i hear when my 2003 trd tacoma v6 goes forward. it only happens when i start the truck and then put it into drive and it sounds like a winding noise. only happens when i start it up and go start up and backup doesn't make the noise though. and doesn't make the noise when at stop light and go. does anyone else have this noise? anyone know what it is? the sound doesn't last long either maybe a second....help

·
Registered
177 Posts
tumor said:
Guys i have a wierd noise i hear when my 2003 trd tacoma v6 goes forward. it only happens when i start the truck and then put it into drive and it sounds like a winding noise. only happens when i start it up and go start up and backup doesn't make the noise though. and doesn't make the noise when at stop light and go. does anyone else have this noise? anyone know what it is? the sound doesn't last long either maybe a second....help

I had the same noise on my '03 DC 4X4... and have it again on my '04 (the '03 was stolen). You ever watch those sci-fi movies when a door "SLIDES" open, it makes that fun "electronic" sound. Star-Trek used it all the time! That's what it sounds like to me. Although mine will do it in reverse as well as forward. Mostly in forward though. Only happens when I first start the truck. Maybe it happen all the time, but I just can't hear it once I start driving on the street where there is lots of noise. I'm sure other people have the same thing. I too wonder what the hell it is??

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I've got it on my '98 Reg. Cab. 2.7L w/ 5-speed... I hear it when I'm not moving and the clutch is engaged (that is, when I'm not pressin the clutch pedal)... get it both w/trans in Neutral, transfer case in any forward gear; and when the trans is neutral or in gear w/ the transfer case in neutral. It very well could be makin it when I'm movin, but i can't hear it; and its not very loud, i only hear it with the windows open.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i always wondered the same thing. i think it sounds kinda cool. like a high pitched "vvvvvVVVvvvvvvvv..."

no clue what it is, though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts