TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hows it going guys? Been a LONG time! Took a break from wheeling for a while but just picked up a new toy.

Scored a '80 first gen pickup and have started the build on it. Pretty rough but its going to see the rocks so who cares...

Not going to jack with carbs offroad this time around, It was nice not having a stumble when I had the taco years ago. I started swapping in a TBI setup onto the 20r since 22REs dont grow on trees.

:welder::saw:

·
Registered
556 Posts
Nice first gen! I like that grill, slightly envious. Great to get more first gens on here. Excited to watch your progress.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thinking keeping it pretty basic. F150 springs and RUFs up front. 5.29s, spool rear and Aussie up front. have a set of 37" MTRs so they will go on. Scored an extra top shift tcase too so dual cases it is.

First thing is to get the EFI functioning. Just got my harness and chip tuning equipment so just need to plumb in a fuel cell and start tuning it.

Going to be a bit different than wheeling my old Taco when I was running around with COTTORA years ago but ought to be a blast!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
orange crusher
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing