TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yea,
I hear this squeeking noise coming from my drivers front wheel area the other day. I assumed that it was the breaks, so I jacked it up to take the wheel off, and when I spin the wheel/tire (while off the ground) it still does it with no brakes. Anyways, the noise gets worse the more I drive (when it gets hot) and doesn't make the sound when I turn left/lefthand direction, only when I turn right....wheel bearing? Worn brake pad? Any ideas are much appreciated....

Chris.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Look at the pads and see if the metal tooth is not touching the rotor.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Wiskey_33 said:
So yea,
I hear this squeeking noise coming from my drivers front wheel area the other day. I assumed that it was the breaks, so I jacked it up to take the wheel off, and when I spin the wheel/tire (while off the ground) it still does it with no brakes. Anyways, the noise gets worse the more I drive (when it gets hot) and doesn't make the sound when I turn left/lefthand direction, only when I turn right....wheel bearing? Worn brake pad? Any ideas are much appreciated....

Chris.
Funny story so mine did that today starting today it got so bad i took it to Americas best automotive best place ever,cuz i just got new brakes from them around August so i called and left it. They call me and say,yes your breaks are messed up we got you covered on that the pads were bad r something,but turns out i also got a broken tie rod..so check into that.. and odly enough the turning to the left it made worse noise and once it got hotter and hotter it got worse and worse and wouldnt stop it was constant hopefully it isnt a tie rod for you it is costing me round 200-250...thats my :2cents:
Edit: So my pads are gone and tie rod broken on right side the left is what was making the worse noise...

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
You could pull the brake pads and then spin the wheel to see if your pads have something to do with the noise. When my wheel bearing broke the first time the only part keeping the wheel on the truck was the rotor. I jacked it up and the wheel was extremely loose.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
REDTACOtjm123 said:
Funny story so mine did that today starting today it got so bad i took it to Americas best automotive best place ever,cuz i just got new brakes from them around August so i called and left it. They call me and say,yes your breaks are messed up we got you covered on that the pads were bad r something,but turns out i also got a broken tie rod..so check into that.. and odly enough the turning to the left it made worse noise and once it got hotter and hotter it got worse and worse and wouldnt stop it was constant hopefully it isnt a tie rod for you it is costing me round 200-250...thats my :2cents:
Edit: So my pads are gone and tie rod broken on right side the left is what was making the worse noise...
not to beat you down, but i got an outer tie rod end for around $20 from advanced auto, easy to replace. of course it was just the outer, not sure what the inner or both together would be.
-daniel

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I'm gonna go home and take the tire off and check everything a little closer. I hope its just brakes......if so, anyone wanna help me do a set of brakes?

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
It's easy chris. We can do it in less than an hour. Give me a ring this afternoon or tomorrow some time.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
04tacodrvr said:
not to beat you down, but i got an outer tie rod end for around $20 from advanced auto, easy to replace. of course it was just the outer, not sure what the inner or both together would be.
-daniel
:( *** me lol

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kyle,
I'll call you tomorrow. I'm going to Larry the Cable Guy tonight at the Fox, and then to Bass Pro tomorrow early, so I'll call ya early afternoon if that works...thanks man,

Chris.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Wiskey_33 said:
I guess I'm gonna go home and take the tire off and check everything a little closer. I hope its just brakes......if so, anyone wanna help me do a set of brakes?
Like Kyle says, piece of cake Chris, me having never done them before did both sides in about 30 minutes. Just make sure you dont overflow the brake fluid reservoir when you push the pistons back in. I came close to overflowing mine because I forgot about the fluid going back into the lines.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I just hope it's brakes and not a bearing. Where did you get your brakes? Are they factory parts or did you just go to a parts store and get new pads?

Chris.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Wiskey_33 said:
Well I just hope it's brakes and not a bearing. Where did you get your brakes? Are they factory parts or did you just go to a parts store and get new pads?
I think they were about $30 for 2 pair of factory Toyota pads from Parts Division of Dallas Toyota www.trdparts4u.com

You can probably pickup the OEM equivalent from Advance/Autozone/ebay/etc.

If you need the part # that I ordered I can get it for you when I get home from work.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I"ll probably just pick some up at a parts store around town..they're gettin' bad and I don't wanna wait for them to ship....

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I like the EBC Greens I put on my taco. They stopped better than my Stocks. I will putting them on the Tundra when these are gone.

I'll be at Chris Ivey's and Marshall's sometime in the afternoon. Call me I can stop by and we can do them quick.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cool,
thanks man...

Chris.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts