TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes so i think my bearings are shot in my hubs. As i go down the road the load roaring noise is def not my destinations screaming at me. Do you think its just the hub assembly that needs replacing on both sides? if so how much are they and where and what exactly do i get? also while im down there i might as well change my brake pads, what does everybody recommend?

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
tacoma4 said:
Yes so i think my bearings are shot in my hubs. As i go down the road the load roaring noise is def not my destinations screaming at me. Do you think its just the hub assembly that needs replacing on both sides? if so how much are they and where and what exactly do i get? also while im down there i might as well change my brake pads, what does everybody recommend?
wheel bearing replacement is not an easy diy job. you need a huge press to pop those suckers loose so most just take the spindle to a machine shop and have them done. buy the bearings from the dealer and find a machine shop.

Peter's got a writeup somewhere on here..
http://www.parksoffroad.com/

·
Registered
233 Posts
tacoma4 said:
so i cant just buy new hubs and just slap them on and go?
no as said before your wheel bearings are pressed into your spindle aka knuckle.. They need to be pressed out and new ones pressed in. your hubs are different then your bearings. they are two different pieces. But if your bearings really are bad you might new hubs as well. Check your hubs and make sure they have not takin a beating from bad wheel bearings. I toasted my hub when mine went out.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I did it with my roommate and it was a bitch. Only $45 for the bearing and then $13 for new seals I believe. I wouldn't do it unless you have back up plans if you cant finish and don't have access to a good press.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Describe this sound you're hearing. I may be experiencing the same problem? Mine sounds kinda like a light squeeking noise when I'm backing, and a little bit of a grinding noise when going forward at slow speeds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts