TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My work truck 2008 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Ext. cab, got all four stock rims and tires ripped off while it was parked at my boss house several weekends ago. Never had wheel locks installed, but apparently, nobody fawk around with truck until truck went to local Toyota dealer to take care of some recalls, and other chits. My employer thinking get some coincidence get ripped off after coming back from dealer. Got new rims and tires with locks via insurance, but still yet WTF?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I run wheel locks on my truck. My rims and tires are all beat up from wheeling, but you never know who might want to steal them.
I got wheel locks on my personal 1991 4x4 and stock 2wd 2003 Tacoma, as with the clutch pedal locks. I'm seriously considering installing car alarm in my 4x4, most likely by a pro shop. Obviously get quote first, but a lot of Toyotas getting ripped off in my location. Stop people from fawking around.:D

·
Registered
34 Posts
about 3 years ago we had a 2wd stolen . It was dragged onto a flatbed wrecker with its brake on . we recovered a few days later without our brand new wheels , and tires . they did throw on some crappy wheels n tires that were forced to fit on the hub ! So a movement triggered alarm is a good idea , also i have seen a new device the size of 3 quarters stacked that will show where it is , using a phone app . maybe worth looking into .

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
about 3 years ago we had a 2wd stolen . It was dragged onto a flatbed wrecker with its brake on . we recovered a few days later without our brand new wheels , and tires . they did throw on some crappy wheels n tires that were forced to fit on the hub ! So a movement triggered alarm is a good idea , also i have seen a new device the size of 3 quarters stacked that will show where it is , using a phone app . maybe worth looking into .
Got some info about car alarm brands called Viper and Clifford, seems like Clifford is cheaper? Apparently they are made by same company DEI. They are identical as it reflects their part numbers, I'm told are interchangeable. Reason they separate brands because manufacturer selects one authorized dealer for each brand based one population.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts