TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been thinking about putting spacers on my 4 runner , i see they come 1.5 to 3 inch . any reason why i should not run them ? the truck is not a daily driver , only used for offroad . if so what width ? i was thinking 3 in the back and 2 in the front . tim

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
People generally use them to decrease rubbing or to pull their hubs further into the wheel to avoid damage.

Just using them for looks is stupid.

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
I think what Jon is trying to say is, maybe there is another option to prevent rubbing, such as offset or backspacing of your wheel. THe only reason I could think of for not running them would be maintenance. If you do not keep on top of torquing them regularly, you could lose your wheel. They do have a tendancy to come loose. As far as strength, I have yet to see someone damage them. As long as they stay tight, you should be ok. Use some locktite on them, that will help keep'um snug. As far as using them for just looks, that is your business, but you will notice an increase in stability, a decrease in turning radius and more dings in your rocker panels.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
and which ever you choose, get hub centric spacers, it makes a huge difference. the all pro ones are about the nicest ive seen and they have special lug nuts for the spacers that allow more threaded/ clamping area.

ive been running them on wifes daily driver for 3+ years with no issues

·
Registered
751 Posts
With my aftermarket wheels, I use (need) a 1/4 spacer for the wheel to just barely clear the big ass later model calipers.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i am not sure where the "looks " theory came from , i was thinking for more clearance at the body , and it seems as though wider would be a bit more stable in off camber situations . i have no problem cutting away more fender , but at the floorboard area in the front , i have tried to push it back but the computer is right there on the passenger side. i guess i could move it , but wheel spacers seemed to me to be a better choice . tim

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and which ever you choose, get hub centric spacers, it makes a huge difference. the all pro ones are about the nicest ive seen and they have special lug nuts for the spacers that allow more threaded/ clamping area.

where do you get those ? tim

·
Registered
365 Posts

true this is. Ive been runnin allpros for a few years on a few different trucks, never had an issue with them coming loose. Im just runnin em for looks though, they work great with 100 spoke daytons on thornbirds. tyte

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
8 Participants
War Rated
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing