TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed Fabtech's 3" spindle lift on my 96 Tacoma 2wd 5 lug...it looks good and sits nearly identical to a prerunner, although just a bit smaller sitting on 30x9.50x15s. The only thing I dislike is that the spindle causes the front two tires to stick out around 1 and a half inches more than the back. I was considering buying wheel spacers for the back to even the gap, anybody know of spacers creating any problems?

·
norcal n00b
802 Posts
dmnstrt2006 said:
I just installed Fabtech's 3" spindle lift on my 96 Tacoma 2wd 5 lug...it looks good and sits nearly identical to a prerunner, although just a bit smaller sitting on 30x9.50x15s. The only thing I dislike is that the spindle causes the front two tires to stick out around 1 and a half inches more than the back. I was considering buying wheel spacers for the back to even the gap, anybody know of spacers creating any problems?
There was a post about this a little while ago:

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1740&highlight=wheel+spacers

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
I run 1 1/2" Marlin spacers F&R [buying new wheels was out of the question, since I have aluminum beadlocks]; so far no problems, but it is a trail rig. Make sure that you use locktight, and check the torque periodically.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I havent heard of any problems from spacers. One of the trucks that was in the Ultimate Adventure by Petersens 4Wheel and Offroad I happen to know and I believe he runs 2" or 1.5" spacers on his truck. With 39.5" boggers. The truck is the bright green dodge on the cover of an older issue can't remember what month but its been through hell and hasn't had problems with spacers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Live4yotas
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing