TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have some pictures of 33 10.5s with about 1-1.5" wheel spacers? Im looking into getting some wheel spacers because i dont want the weight and rub of wider tires. I wanna run about 33 10.5 but i still want that wide look so thats why im looking into spacers. And is it bad to wheel with spacers on?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Here's my truck with 33x12.50s with a 1.5" wheel spacer. Mine rubs a little bit but did before the spacer just about the same so i dont know if that really helped/hurt the case. I installed the spacers because for one reason or another the rim i had was just barely rubbing the caliper, but no problems with these things, they work great

wheel with spacer

I only put spacers on the front, you can kinda see the difference that the front sticks out from the back

front view

·
Registered
53 Posts
and like SCS said, make sure you get hub centric ones and in my opinion, get the ones with extended studs because the ones that basically act as washers in effect reduce the amount of threads your lug nuts grab and put a lot of stress on your stock studs especially if you are planning on going to 1-1.5" spacers.

get some like these bad boys

·
Registered
114 Posts
what kind of wheels are those badger???

·
Registered
119 Posts
Going to keep this "THREAD" going so the TTORA Gods do not :saw::flamethro

I recently put 265/75/16 LTs on to replace 265/70's P series and UCA's are close....

Now I am ordering up a set of Bora .75 Spacers come Monday and looking for any feedback....

The Taco is a '02 that came factory with 276/70/16 rubber ..

·
Registered
26 Posts
All Pro wheel spacers

I got my all pro 1.5" hub centric spacers in yesterday... Installed them today. Simple install- just time-consuming. I had to fix a couple broken wheel studs so mine took extra long. Be sure to drive 10 miles, then tighten the spacers again. Repeat this till every inside lug is tight. Also I highly recommend the extended inside lug nuts that all pro offers. Makes a big difference. The truck seems much more stable and rides as smooth as ever. Btw my truck is a 05 Tacoma vvvvvv on 265/75R16's but upgrading to 285/75R16's or 305/70R16's soon...

·
Registered
119 Posts
I got my all pro 1.5" hub centric spacers in yesterday... Installed them today. Simple install- just time-consuming. I had to fix a couple broken wheel studs so mine took extra long. Be sure to drive 10 miles, then tighten the spacers again. Repeat this till every inside lug is tight. Also I highly recommend the extended inside lug nuts that all pro offers. Makes a big difference. The truck seems much more stable and rides as smooth as ever. Btw my truck is a 05 Tacoma vvvvvv on 265/75R16's but upgrading to 285/75R16's or 305/70R16's soon...
AND PLEASE check them every time you rotate tires ( nice if it was with a TORQUE wrench ;)) or even better...every time a wheel is off...PM's are always easier than "Oh- ;$hits" :cool:

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
AND PLEASE check them every time you rotate tires ( nice if it was with a TORQUE wrench ;)) or even better...every time a wheel is off...PM's are always easier than "Oh- ;$hits" :cool:
This i wheel with a guy that never checked the torque of his wheel spacers and sheered the studs off the axle flange out wheeling and his tire and wheel almots came off!!:eek: Luckly it happend where it did and he had a trailer or it would have been a long afternoon/evening replaceing studs on the trail.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts