TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from Pismo and I blew out my OME 881's, so I am getting the Donahoe kit tomorrow. I had a hell of a time with my 32's rubbing the hell out of the plastic in the wheel well this trip. I had to cut the passenger side out atleast 50%. Do I need all that plastic in there to cover all the welds, can I get away with not having it there, or should I find something to cover the spots back up or what?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
rubberpants said:
Just got back from Pismo and I blew out my OME 881's, so I am getting the Donahoe kit tomorrow. I had a hell of a time with my 32's rubbing the hell out of the plastic in the wheel well this trip. I had to cut the passenger side out atleast 50%. Do I need all that plastic in there to cover all the welds, can I get away with not having it there, or should I find something to cover the spots back up or what?
When i put glass on my truck i removed it, i have done tons of wheeling with no issues.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
like corey said, when you put on glass, you have to remove it. the only issue ive had so far is water shooting into the intake since i have the elbow removed. tuck hicuped, ce light came on. this was while driving on the freeway. pulled over to find my airfilter soaked, and the j-trap on the intake full of water. i have since made a splash gaurd for the intake and have had no troubles since

·
Registered
134 Posts
After I cut the pinch weld and ground it down, I used a few coats of body undercoating to protect the bare metal. Cheap alternative, there are body sealer paste's that would be better, I think?

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was also thinking of taking all the plastic out and putting that roll on bed liner crap on the metal in the wells too. Sound good, or a waste of time?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts