TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics from our run. There are quite a few that I took and there will be more from the other guys.
Jeremiah's 95 4runner. Never guess that thing would have a 1UZ in it

Travis

Forrest's Turbo truck.

Finally doesn't flex like a fat chick doing yoga

Me n Jeremiah up at the Lake

Forrest, Al, Me, Jeremiah at the lake

Columbine about half way up the cliffs

Broke ass Cherokee someone left in the V Notch. Broke his steering

Rolled Taco this morning. We helped him back to his wheels.

Freddy with his 40

A 40 Buggy

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A few more
Posing at the campsite

Almost flopped

For some reason this one reminds me of ZZ Top haha

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
god i cant wait to wheel

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
You guys have the rattiest rigs ever; someday I'd love to wheel with y'all in my POS. Nice 1gen grille on the 2gen; took me a few pics to catch that.
Where's the lightbar truck? How does "no windshield guy" like those Pro Comp X-Terrains or whatever they are?

Dammit I wanna wheel too!!! :mad:

And pics of the 1UZ... pics or ban. :D

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys have the rattiest rigs ever; someday I'd love to wheel with y'all in my POS. Nice 1gen grille on the 2gen; took me a few pics to catch that.
Where's the lightbar truck? How does "no windshield guy" like those Pro Comp X-Terrains or whatever they are?

Dammit I wanna wheel too!!! :mad:

And pics of the 1UZ... pics or ban. :D
Hahaha we love our ratty ass trucks. That truck with the first gen grill is the light bar guy. He took it off and put the KC's on there. Not sure how he likes the tires haha, this was his first run on them. Last time he ran the mud terrains that I am running now.
There is a build thread on yotatech for that 1UZ runner here:http://www.yotatech.com/f199/1uzfe-into-my-95-runner-228824/

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey guys, I was hoping to make it up to the lake before you left. We saw you all parked down below v-notch and waved when we went by. Wasn't sure it was you guys or we would've stopped and said hi.

I chickened out and bypassed the notch since we didn't have anyone with us. :p

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Almost flopped

Cool pics! Is this the same spot that the tacoma flopped?:D

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys, I was hoping to make it up to the lake before you left. We saw you all parked down below v-notch and waved when we went by. Wasn't sure it was you guys or we would've stopped and said hi.
Yep that was us parked there. That is where we camped both nights. Decided not to camp at the lake cuz it was windy and looked like rain. Great pics though

Cool pics! Is this the same spot that the tacoma flopped?:D
Yep this where they flopped it. Took the same line I was on in the pic

·
Registered
260 Posts
Looks like a fun trip! I wanted to go but I just had too much going on.

Zach, your rig looks good with some real wheels and tires on it. I like the low stance, did the tires rub much? Were you able to get the welded 3rd installed before the trip?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did you do anything to the broke XJ in the notch? Like drag it out of the way?
Nah we just left it. I wouldn't want some one dickin with my rig if I HAD to leave it in the trail like that. But we were pretty pissed that we couldn't take the notch on the down hill. The guy came back up and repaired it and drove it out later that evening.
Looks like a fun trip! I wanted to go but I just had too much going on.

Zach, your rig looks good with some real wheels and tires on it. I like the low stance, did the tires rub much? Were you able to get the welded 3rd installed before the trip?
We missed ya up there! It's all good though. Next time haha.
Tires rubbed a lot! Nothing a sawzall and a dead blow won't fix though. I really like the low stance too. Although, I would like to have a little bit of lift on it before the Jambo. Maybe crank the Tbars and put a little bigger spring in it. Not sure yet though. I did get the third installed before we left. It helped out quite a bit, I am definitely glad that I went that route.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I noticed something interesting on the tacoma while it was on it's side.:D It seems to have some kind of link suspension attached to the front cross member. Can't really tell, but it looks like it has a drop bracket lift. Just never seen links on an IFS before.:dunno:

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No doubt lol. He was sayin that he was looking into a SAS but it was expensive. I told him that he could go with a D44 out of a Bronco for pretty cheap and its driver drop like he needs.

·
7,735 Posts
Those aren't links... I'd bet they're support/bracing for the drop bracket. I'm not 100% on what they are, but i know they aren't links.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts