TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start off by saying I had no idea it would snow today when I posted this trail run back in September... :eek: and the MTRs are crap at 30psi in icy snow on 9 going towards Hoosier Pass, resulting in a nice slow 180* spin and a new pair of pants. :lmao:

So I leave the Springs and think "It shouldn't be too bad..."

Think again, dumbass!

Damn dune buggy showed up...

'Twas a bit nippy out:

Stopped short of Bowling Ball Hill; it was getting nasty:

Rock Rat in the notch:

...and they lived happily every after.

I'd do it again. Today was opposite day; I had the only solid axle and dual cases... only slid off the trail a few times. Next big project for my rig is to mount that York 210 for air; driving back home sucked the goat nuts. I stopped at Wilkerson Pass to take a nap; I was pretty tired. And I thought "If I get to town early enough, I'll hit up Eagle Rock."
Didn't quite make it, and Walking Dead is on tonight! And my dog misses me!

It was still a kick-ass day in my book; nothing blew up, nobody rolled or flopped, it was just colder than balls and kind of snowing a lot. Meh, it's winter time... deal with it. :cool:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'll start off by saying I had no idea it would snow today when I posted this trail run back in September... :eek: and the MTRs are crap at 30psi in icy snow on 9 going towards Hoosier Pass, resulting in a nice slow 180* spin and a new pair of pants. :lmao:

So I leave the Springs and think "It shouldn't be too bad..."

Think again, dumbass!

Damn dune buggy showed up...

'Twas a bit nippy out:

Stopped short of Bowling Ball Hill; it was getting nasty:

Rock Rat in the notch:

...and they lived happily every after.

I'd do it again. Today was opposite day; I had the only solid axle and dual cases... only slid off the trail a few times. Next big project for my rig is to mount that York 210 for air; driving back home sucked the goat nuts. I stopped at Wilkerson Pass to take a nap; I was pretty tired. And I thought "If I get to town early enough, I'll hit up Eagle Rock."
Didn't quite make it, and Walking Dead is on tonight! And my dog misses me!

It was still a kick-ass day in my book; nothing blew up, nobody rolled or flopped, it was just colder than balls and kind of snowing a lot. Meh, it's winter time... deal with it. :cool:
damn i wish i could have gone, had way to much to do today and would have been tired when i got home. I love snow!!!

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your Taco would have done okay; the bumpers and sliders would have gotten a workout though. Maybe the winch too... it was slick as snot!

·
Registered
853 Posts
It was a kick ass day for sure. Not making the lake was a bummer but, like John said, I would rather turn around than get off the trail somewhere

·
Registered
523 Posts
Ya damn good day, had a blast bouncing all around hahaha, I'll try to get the videos I got, on here soon

·
Registered
853 Posts
I've got the videos I got almost all edited together. I should have something posted up hopefully tonight.

·
Registered
523 Posts
The go pro is bad ass, I just need to teach myself how to edit it all up, what program do you use to edit?

·
Registered
853 Posts
I've tried a few and so far the one I like the best is the one that gopro offers. Its a free download off of their website.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Ya that's the one I've been messing around with, guess I just need to play around with it more

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hurry up, eh? I hope someone got pics of that last drop where I stuffed the nose and thought it was going to flop.

If not, we'll have to go this weekend and try again. :D

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Holy cow, I figured you meant a dusting of snow :lmao:

I use the gopro editing software as well. It's not the greatest, but it's free and it gets the job done. But nothing fancy. :)

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
wowo that looks like a blast!

I need to head up there again!

is that Hwy 9 at the begining of the vid?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Bad ass, I'm still trying to figure this whole editing shit, but hopefully tonight or tomorrow I'll get what footage I have up

·
Registered
523 Posts
wowo that looks like a blast!

I need to head up there again!

is that Hwy 9 at the begining of the vid?
No that the dirt rd off of 9
Well I got the video edited so now let's see how long it takes to upload

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
8 Participants
wakkjobb
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing