TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some of the pictures I got on Wheeler Lake. I also took some on the Eagle Rock run saturday but had issues with my SD card so they're on Kyles computer so hopefully he'll post up some of the good ones for me.

Another Toyota that happened to be running the trail also.

I also have some video of this if anyones interested in seeing it:

Feel free to post up pictures you have of Wheeler, Eagle Rock, or Saran Wrap!

·
20,355 Posts
Great pics!

I know Mel and john have a ton, but they may not have time to post them till they head home.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
I wanna run this trail so bad right now.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Heck yeah, post up the vid of me getting tippy and freaking Melanie out a bit. We'll have to get to work on our footage and post up after we get back to AZ in a couple weeks or so. Great run everyone. Thanks for coming out!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sometimes everyone can see it. Sometimes not. Facebook always fiddling with settings. Feel free to freind me.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
More Pics

A bit of sheet metal carnage

Sorry these are sort of heavy on scenics and light on wheeling, but the vids will show more of the wheeling action. More to follow...

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I said it after the run... I think its an instant classic! Melanie had a fabulous time! When I told her on the drive out that I wanted to come back and do it next year, she said she was in. I consider the Wheeler Lake run to be pretty much on par with Holy Cross on the fun scale for us. And I hope to run both of these trails every year. Both have a fabulous, scenic lunch spot halfway through. Both are scenic all along the way actually, and have a few obstacles you could have fun with or get messed up on. Both have optional different lines for different builds, which I like. And both have a rock garden and water this time of year... Yahoo, wet rocks! Very similar on the fun scale for me, with the proviso of course that Wheeler really has no "Cleveland Rock" equivalent -at least not that I saw. A lot of Wheeler isn't that technical to drive, but the same is true for H.C. . Depending on which lines you take, both have 2 or 3 interesting technical spots. Yeah, I was really surprised it wasn't an annual run for COTTORA when I found it. IMO it could be.

·
7,735 Posts
I think QuickDraw was trying to get an annual run coordinated, but it never quite got off the ground. I know I'm planning on making it on that trail more often (at least once a year).... if only to actually line up for the first obstacle right the first time.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Man, I hear you... subtle differences in the angle and position you drive into it make a world of difference in terms of the tippy factor. I have been putting the first video together and enjoying seeing how the small differences in line and entry angle make it a bit different for each truck/attempt. Check it out...

Video #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrqBXm8ko4o

·
7,735 Posts
I must be learning something from you.. I knew I was tippy, but it really didn't bother me that much. Once I got a little higher on the rock, I expected it to level out more and when it didn't, I was wondering what line I ended up on. But it may be another season or 2 before I'm comfortable bumping anything when I'm leaned over that much.

both of those weekends I was having trouble hitting my lines (as was painfully obvious when I came down the tippy roots on HC).

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Hahaha. You learned something from me? :eek: Man, I hope it doesn't lead to carnage some day. Forget what you learned and start over, that's my advice. :D

You still made it up the obstacle, right? And you spotted Joe right through it pretty slick, so you obviously saw the line you wanted. You just missed the less tippy line which was about a foot or so to driver, but hey you still got up it on the line you hit -- and it looked like fun!

You certainly are getting over your fear of tippy. I remember in Moab how sensitive your puck-o-meter used to be. Not just you either, but most of the people on that trip seem to have dialed it in since then. :kewl:

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Seeing Kyle's "old" turck there gives me hope to push mine that far out... but I'd really like to trailer it since I'm still not 150% confident with it. Maybe next season after the EFI swap...

Those pics are absolutely awesome! I love how we can take pictures of snow in summertime; it always baffles my friends back east.

>>Dan

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts