TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone running these? what was the actual lift. what model truck do you have? i have a 03 reg cab. 2.7. thanks in advance.
mike

·
Registered
360 Posts
My uncle has one on his 04 V6. I wouldn't recomend the aal unless you have extra weight in your bed such as a camper shell (wich he has) or something. It will stiffen the ride quite a bit. I hear the deaver progressive aal provides a MUCH better ride then tradditional aal's. Don't remeber what the actual lift numbers were...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a camper and frequently load up a lot of fishing and camping gear (172 qt. cooler, 72 qt. cooler, 48 qt. cooler loaded with ice) so i like the extra load capacity of the aal. i have a set of short rancho 2"aal's on now and my rig sits ass high with a 2.5" spacer. they give more than 2" of lift and my leafs are starting to get "w" shaped. i want less lift but would like to know approx. how much lift these deaver 1.5" aal's give.
when you said deaver progressive do you mean the 3 leaf pack that replaces the overload leaf?

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
I'm running them with Donahoes at the preset level and the truck is level so it gives you 1 1/2" or so. With Bilstein 5100's, they are stiff but not near as bad as the TRD suspension that I had. I'm running a cap too and usually have a load of crap in the bed. I'm very happy with the setup. It's an '03 Extracab V6.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
lavaboy2 said:
anyone running these? what was the actual lift. what model truck do you have? i have a 03 reg cab. 2.7. thanks in advance.
mike
I think your talking about the 1.5in 3 leaf add pack made by Deaver. We sell the same rear add leafs they work great if you pull out your overload leaf and run them with your other facotry leafs or if yo leave the overload in they still work pretty well, you just get more lift!

If yo have any question please let me know.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jason,
thanks for the reply. it's not the 3 leaf pack, just the two leaf- add a leaf. approx. 33" long. i remember on the old website there was a thread concerning the amount of lift but can't access that anymore. any idea how much lift this aal will give my reg. cab. 2.7? (2003)

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
just get some shackles, they're cheaper and they wont stiffen up the ride any more

·
Registered
464 Posts
I have a 95.5 xcab 2.7 and am running that AAL. Take in to account I have the first generation leaves(1 overload with 2 leaves) So with the aal in there each side now has 4 leaves(including the overload). The aal gave me right about 2 inches on each side. I am running the Bilstein 5100's. I think the ride is great. With or without a ton of weight. Since the day I put them in about two years ago I have not had a single problem with them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
lavaboy2
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing