TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about ordering the black alloys from Wheelers tomorrow for my red Xtracab. What's your opinion on black wheels on a red truck? I think they look great on the white, black and silver trucks but not sure about the red. Does anyone have a pic of a red truck with black wheels? Thanks.

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
Cappleton3 said:
I am thinking about ordering the black alloys from Wheelers tomorrow for my red Xtracab. What's your opinion on black wheels on a red truck? I think they look great on the white, black and silver trucks but not sure about the red. Does anyone have a pic of a red truck with black wheels? Thanks.
A couple in the Members Rigs:

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/memberrigs/profile.php?id=272&offset=7&&go=25&

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/memberrigs/profile.php?id=9&offset=8&&go=25&

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/memberrigs/profile.php?id=402&offset=2&&go=25&

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
i've seen them on a few red trucks and they look pretty good. i got my black wheels on my black truck as a temp fix until i could get some other wheels...in my opinion it's too much black, but i've gotten a lot of compliments on it

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
YoTRacer158 said:
it's too much black
Blasphemy! :eek:

I had more black with my other wheels, but I really like the gunmetal. I get compliments, too. :cool:

·
Registered
360 Posts
I think red on black look sgood. I am not a fan of black on black. To much black

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
4BYnTacoma said:
To much black
Never!

No, I had too much black for awhile. Black wheels, black wall tires, and black lugs was too much. Painted the lugs silver.

·
Re-Member 9/11
292 Posts
nope, just in the 16". It's too bad too because the alloy wheel looks way better than the steel one

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Crazydawgb said:
Does anyone know if Wheeler's can get a 15x8 in the black alloy?
He's only got the 16's in black alloy. FWIW, his wheels are Pro Comps (used to be called 1869's, I think they're called 1069's now), so you could surf 4wheelparts to see if they have them in that size (and paint them). I bought them from another Pro Comp dealer so I wouldn't have to get raped.

·
Registered
75 Posts
mudferret said:
He's only got the 16's in black alloy. FWIW, his wheels are Pro Comps (used to be called 1869's, I think they're called 1069's now), so you could surf 4wheelparts to see if they have them in that size (and paint them). I bought them from another Pro Comp dealer so I wouldn't have to get raped.
Well, that sucks. I was thinking of calling him and asking if he could get them but i thought i would ask here first. I know a wheel and tire dealer and i can get mickey thompson's dirt cheap. Just trying to decide between Classic II or Classic Lock. Too bad he isn't able to get American Racing. I don't know if i would want to paint them black though.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Crazydawgb said:
Well, that sucks. I was thinking of calling him and asking if he could get them but i thought i would ask here first. I know a wheel and tire dealer and i can get mickey thompson's dirt cheap. Just trying to decide between Classic II or Classic Lock. Too bad he isn't able to get American Racing. I don't know if i would want to paint them black though.
I'm pretty sure he sources the powder coating himself, give him a call and see if he can throw a set of the Pro Comps in the size you want in with the next batch. The PC's and Mickey's are indistinguishable from each other, aside from differing backsizings, probably roll off the same line.

·
Registered
75 Posts
mudferret said:
I'm pretty sure he sources the powder coating himself, give him a call and see if he can throw a set of the Pro Comps in the size you want in with the next batch. The PC's and Mickey's are indistinguishable from each other, aside from differing backsizings, probably roll off the same line.
I might do that in the next couple of days, income tax return is hopefully coming back soon. :p

·
Registered
1,198 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Cappleton3 said:
Your truck looks great! Are those 285/75/16's? BTW, nice driveway.
Yah, 285/75/16 BFG ATs. Thanks, actually the pavers that make up the driveway make it a bitch to wash mud off. Oh well

·
Registered
15 Posts
playaz0429 said:
has anyone bought these wheelers wheels yet? do they infact fit and how is the quality of the wheel? thanks

I have the Wheelers Alloys and I love them. The quality is superb. As someone mentioned, they are ProComp wheels powdercoated through Wheelers.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts