TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wheelers Brakes??

Heading through Grants Pass on Friday...Need new brakes up front bad, damn truck shakes like a crack head at 60 MPH. There is one thread of 3 posts on here about Wheelers brakes and all it talks about is pros and cons of Drilled and Slotted Rotors. My question is the product itself. Anyone out there got em, love em, hate em? Whats the story. There is no pic of em on Wheelers page, nor a brand, that I can see. Thanks.

Chris

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacomabrakes.htm

·
Registered
292 Posts
I've got the slotted/crossdrilled with the carbon metallic pads. Locks them up in a big big hurry, if you install them correctly and don't fry a caliper like I did first.

Really, they work fine. I probably wouldn't use the rotors again, just because of all the crap I've heard about drilled rotors cracking. But they cut way down on brake fade, stop pretty well too.

My brakes do pulsate from time to time. I don't know if that has anything to do with the pads and rotors or if that's because I have one new brake caliper and one with 200k on it.

My :2cents:

But all in all, the guys at wheeler's are great.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aight, well i will search on then... right now anything will be better then what I got right now....

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts