TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On Sunday June 28th we are going to have a charity wrench-a-thon for WFTW in the Peterson Auto Skills Center at Peterson AFB in CO Springs: 894 Tinker St, Colorado Springs, CO 80914
Link: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=894+Tinker+St,+Colorado+Springs,+CO+80914&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=45.014453,66.796875&ie=UTF8&z=16&iwloc=A

The event will be from 9:00am until 6:30pm.
We hope to have several Toyota Tech's attending, plus hopefully some Jeep Tech's. Additionally we will have many of the WFTW staff there to help you get your project done fast!
We'll be using one bay with a lift and one flat bay, plus we may have use of a 3rd bay that's separate from the others for welder / plasma cutter work. We will provide all the tools and the labor, (welder and plasma cutter) you just need to bring your project to us! We will also have a BBQ grill set up so bring something to grill! (I'll bring Hot Dog and Hamburger Buns, as well as condiments!)

If you are interested in having something done, OR you want to help out, post up!

We are working on a donation scale. It will likely be a % of what the ASE cost to do the job would be.

To all those coming:

You will need your ID, Your vehicle registration, and insurance to get on base!!! So make sure you have all that at the ready! :D

DEADLINE HAS PASSED TO ADD YOUR NAME! At this point if you have not given me your name and the below needed info you will have to be sponsored to get on base which we can try to do, but no garuntees!

****IMPORTANT********
Shane, our contact at the base told me this: "A week before the event I'll need a list of everyone who's attending. I'll give that list to the gate guards so people will be allowed on base." So even if you might not come, please give me your name... We do have the tools, but for those of us helping PLEASE bring yours! (Troy and I will bring the welder and ask to borrow the plasma cutter!!!)
I will also need, Date of Birth and/or Drivers License number for them to get on base. I need it by Wednesday June 24th!!! Please email to me molly(dot)houck(at)gmail(dot)com. Questions? Call seven two zero - 933 - 3 zero 71!

Thanks! -Molly! so that you can get on base, in case you decide at the last minute to come! Email me your full name molly (dot) houck (at) gmail (dot) com

·
Registered
878 Posts
Put me down for a participant
I would like to A. align my truck with the help of a master tech B. adjust / inspect the E- brake/ rear drums ... I hope like hell I don't have another leaking axle seal.

I will also lend a hand wrenching ...

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Can I weld/cut something? Lol... I don't have to, but that's my only real trade that I'm actually trained and certified in. I don't really want any work done on my stuff. But I would be happy to weld on a set of sliders or something.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can I weld/cut something? Lol... I don't have to, but that's my only real trade that I'm actually trained and certified in. I don't really want any work done on my stuff. But I would be happy to weld on a set of sliders or something.
Yes, we need tech help! So please be one of our worker bee's!

Email send to all the troops! :) Thanks again Molly! ;)
Thanks Eric,

Can you ask the WFTW core crew who each have a forum to watch to repost this??? (I did YotaTech, and CoTTORA)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Dont have anything to do to my truck but if you need another tech let me know and I will try to make it down to help. My Sundays are usually free. I have little to no fab/welding skills but can help with reparis and/or diagnostics.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Molly,
I might stop by to see what's up. I have access so no need to add my name to the list. The only stuff I need done would take two lift bays, plus the wife thinks I'm already too lazy where the Runner's concerned, so I won't be bringing it :D

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
May be ordering a 1" body lift to help fit the 285's I'm hopefully getting next week. Assuming the bodylift would be here in time, and if I have money since the regular job went the way of the economy and worthless pricks running the department.

·
20,355 Posts
I should make it. we will see where i am on $$$, need to get a clutch in the truck and it would be for a good cause.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Molly, due to having to be on the "list" to get on the base please sign me up. My Mom has not purchased plane tickets yet and might come on another weekend. If everything works out I will come out to help.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok - cool thanks Brian! It will be awesome to have you there!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dont have anything to do to my truck but if you need another tech let me know and I will try to make it down to help. My Sundays are usually free. I have little to no fab/welding skills but can help with reparis and/or diagnostics.
We can ALWAYS use another Tech! Any help would be greatly appreciated! ;) I'll just need ya to email me for full name for the base list! ;)

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
ya know i really need to do timing belt, pulleys and pump. whats the percentage gonna be? id like to donate some just gotta be sure the pets are fed for the week ;)

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We don't have that nailed down yet but I have a feeling we won't turn anyone down. You have a 3.4 right. That's a 2-3 hour job in the engine bay and kinda of a pain. To pay a stealership I think you are looking at 4-500$ so with a gaggle of us maybe 150$ is fair? But be honest with what you can afford. Research what it would be to have a stealership do it plus parts and then buy the parts yourself and we'll ask you to donate a percentage of the labor cost!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
We don't have that nailed down yet but I have a feeling we won't turn anyone down. You have a 3.4 right. That's a 2-3 hour job in the engine bay and kinda of a pain. To pay a stealership I think you are looking at 4-500$ so with a gaggle of us maybe 150$ is fair? But be honest with what you can afford. Research what it would be to have a stealership do it plus parts and then buy the parts yourself and we'll ask you to donate a percentage of the labor cost!
yup i think toyota cost is something lik 600-750 and regular shops are around 5-6 so when you get the details nailed down ill make my choice.... if i dont have the cash i'll just get tht ss tool and do it on a weekend. how ever i still will probally show up to lend a hand or shoot shit/learn.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well get the parts and we'll see what we can do to work on the price. The job itself is a bit of a pain and to be honest (Not trying to sell this wrench-a-thon thing here) It would be well worth it to have help rather than doing it yourself for the first time. I mean we had a bear of a time doing mine with the 3.4 sitting on an engine stand!!!

·
7,735 Posts
Something to keep in mind here is this is a charity event, the focus is on raising funds to take our wounded vetrans out for a day of wheeling. Sure you could do it yourself, but sometimes you take your truck thru that charity car wash not because it was dirty and you were looking for a car wash, but because you wanted to help someone out.

I plan on having a couple of small maintenance things done myself (flush P/S, flush brake fluid). Nothing big, but it's something.

thinking about having some sliders welded on? planning on compensating the welder, etc? give this some thought.

We are trying to take about 150 vets out for a hell of a day.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That gives me an idea Doug.. I need to recruit some high school car wash girls in bikini's for this :D

·
7,735 Posts
I thought we had this unwritten rule about pedophilia? How bout some college co-eds instead?

seriously, how about a $10 oil change? you bring your supplies of choice, we B/S with you and get it changed. Save yourself the GoJo and let us get our hands dirty for you?

due to recent drama, this might be a good chance to spend some time talking face to face and get some of the body language out of the conversation so you can really see where people are coming from (words are only like 1/3 of how we communicate).

1 - 20 of 153 Posts