TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 2001 Taco 4x4, it came stock with 15" rims and I think 235 tires.
I put 31x10.50 BFG on it but I want a set of wheels. I was thinking of the wheelers 15x8, I dont have a lift or anything I just want my tires to stick out some. Im gonna keep the 31x10.50 so should I go with the type A or type B?

Is there any others that will fit that are around the same price?

Also ive read some threads about the backspacing, The way I understand if the wheels stick out too far it causes wear and tear on your idler arms, ball joints, and such. What would be a safe backspacing? Im not gonna be off-roading much.

·
Registered
764 Posts
the type b's will stick out more than the type a's if that's what you are wanting.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is the exact backspacing on the type A and B. I suppose B is 3.75 so what would the type A be. I want them to stick out but not REAL far. Anyone runnin these , if so lets see a few pics.

·
Registered
764 Posts
A is probably 4.5". Just shoot them an email. They are great people to deal with.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I run type B. I don't have a good pic of how far they stick out though, it's more of a side shot. They are slightly out from the stock flares, but not much. The type Bs are now 4in I think, with the type As being 4.5 (stock). If I think about it I'll get a pic this afternoon.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
i have a set of a's coming in monday so hopefully if they fit and everything i will be able to post pics of the sticking out ness by wed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
The Dude
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing