TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wheelers rims/tires and 4crawler body lift

Hi guys,

I am trading my truck in on an 07 tundra crewmax and taking off some parts.

Items located in Holly Spings, NC-----20 minutes outside Raleigh

Parts where on my 01 Double Cab V6 TRD 4x4, parts just installed in Sept 06:

I am selling basically brand new 4crawler 3 inch body lift still have invoice Paid $232.00 asking $150 shipped parts include: (parts as itemized on invoice) includes shift lever extention for manual trans as well.
2" OD UHMW blk
2" UHMW addl.
2.5" OD UHMW blk
2.5" UHMW addl.
Heavy duty hardware
Radiator Brkt
F. bumper Brkt
Steering ext
Steering extra
Bed Spacers
Shifter Ext

Also have full set (4 wheels) of 15x8 Wheelers rims in black (will fit on factory equiped 16" rim models) mounted on 33x12.5 mud terrain tires. Have about 5-6K miles on them, including lug nuts needed to mount the rims (factory ones don't work). $500 obo prefer pickup (Rims were $200 including shipping tires were $550 $800 total including mounting balancing) The pics of the rims the brown ring is dust in the grove not rust.

Got my camera working again, here are the pics:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I cant tell from your pic if the wheels are the steel ones or not. Just wondering, cause im getting new wheels soon, why dont the factory lug nuts work? Im waiting on some pro comp wheels, same style as Wheelers alluminum wheels and was told my factory lugs should work.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are wheelers Steel rims. The factory lug nuts have a little flange on them that goes inside the lugnut hole (almost like centering the rim on the lugnut). Where as the wheeler rims use acorn style nuts which the factory ones are not. The factory lugs may work on pro=comp but they won't on Wheelers.

Vernisog- I am not sure they will fit factory height. They probably could but may rub during suspension travel. I believe you need to have at least 2" of lift to clear them. I used to have 32's on my stock 96 taco on factory rims and never had an issue. But these rims are a llittle wider so it may cause an issue on factory height. Maybe trying searching the forum and see if anyone has them working.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
What brand are the tires, "mud terrain" is a pretty general term....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maxxis Buchshot mudders

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
hard for me to figure out (sorry) is that everything needed for the body lift or is there anything missing? Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
215 Posts
whats up man...i actually live in apex and want to come by and check out the rims and tires....if the body lift is still on your truck id like to see it too, im interested in the whole thing, if you want to set something up call me at 919-656-9670

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
04Tacoma4x4- Sweet Avatar!! I actually just took the body lift off this morning along with the rims and tires, but all the parts are in my garage as we speak. I am going out in a little bit for dinner (wife's birthday) so maybe tomorrow morning you can swing by if you want to check it out. We are going over my parents house for family birthday sometime tomorrow afternoon, so i am open in the morning. Give me a call later tonight or tomorrow, we live right off 55/avent ferry rd. 919-762-9017

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bump

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
What type are the Wheelers steelies? Would you be willing to sell the rims and lugs seperate?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GatorTaco - Everything is included in the body kit, nothing is missing. Whatever i took off was put in a pile.

Dentedtacoma - Yes they are Steel, do you mean rims/tires seperate or rims/lugs seperate. I am throwing the lugs in. I don't need them and its one less thing laying around.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I meant type as in backspacing option a or b? And I was asking if I could just get the lugs and rims without the tires. I am interested in getting the rims.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They are type B (less backspacing, but stick out further). I would rather keep them together, besides shipping is expensive. I paid almost as much for shipping as i did for the rims from Wheelers.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bump

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I might be interested but I would only want the rims. If you ever consider seperating them let me know.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
got my camera working again here are the pics.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Strange, I used my stock lugs just fine on the wheelers steelies. Just saying.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Really? The little flange part of the lug that mounts inside the rims wouldn't go in, so i got the acorn style lugs for them. maybe the powdercoat was to thick.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts