TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's here some of your stories about wheelin in 2WD. Name some trails and post some pictures if you have them. I'm mostly trying to figure out if I want to lock my rear.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Fireroads = 2WD.

However, the more skilled the driver, the less traction enabling devices you'll have to rely on in order to overcome an obstacle.

That being said, most obstacles still require at LEAST 4WD.

·
concussed
1,159 Posts
Let's here some of your stories about wheelin in 2WD. Name some trails and post some pictures if you have them. I'm mostly trying to figure out if I want to lock my rear.
2wd wheeling stories??wtf.
but anyway..a locker is always good to have.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a prerunner, so all my off roading is in a 2WD. :D

That being said, there are plenty of senic trails you can take with a 2WD with good ground clearance and good tires. As previously stated, if you have a locker and aren't afraid to get on the gas a little more, you can go on quite a few trails provided you know your vehicle's limitations.

I'm still exploring places in So Cal (Anza Borrego) that are 2WD friendly, however when I lived in AZ I knew of a few trails that were awesome for 2WD trucks like Montana Mountain, Vulture Mine, and 4-Peaks.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok well i guess "wheeling" was the wrong term. but yes trails. i guess im looking to see how far people have pushed their prerunners or other 2WD trucks. ive seen plenty of people at Cow mountain in norcal out-wheel 4WD.

·
concussed
1,159 Posts
I believe that if anyone is interested in doing challenging terrain,you would be much better off with a locker.

·
20,355 Posts
Just get a 4wd.

That said I have run quite a few trails in the past in pre taco 2wds. (Mostly fire roads but fun in the low rider, dakan, jackson creek, 7mile, old flowers)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I lived in Pocatello ID for a little while and had a 62 GMC V6 with limited slip and a granny gear. It did almost every thing I asked, and could really climb with a head of speed.

01 reg cab
Century cap
Van Guard cap rack
2.7 5 speed
deck plate mod
ride rite air springs
flowmaster series 40
Bilstien rear shocks
brand spanking new frame

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome! I like hearing some good news about 2WD. And ike, I plan on doing a 4x4 swap but i think I'll be getting a locker until I build up the parts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
well just for shits and giggles here goes nothin. so i was wheelin some trails with my friends when i decided to put it in 2wd to mess around real quick, then when it was time to get out of the trail i forgot that i put it in 2 wheel and thought that my front wheels were not getting any power. it took me about 45min to do what should have been done in 10 min because i was running around in 2H instead of 4L. I was spinning tires and hitting rocks and trees because i had to take less steep hills that had a lot more trees and rocks in the way just so i could get out. needless to say always check to make sure your in 4wd before you assume your 4wd isnt working -__- and no i was not drunk, i was just stupid. and i did it all with an open diff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts