TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in the Portland, Me or Bangor, Me area that want to wheel? Im looking for someone or a someones to go wheeling with in the portland area mostly, but i am form bangor area and can travel there on weekends. Hope this is on topic

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I am in Maine during the summer, sometimes it is hard to find quality places that are legal and good to wheel. Not sure about how active people are in the Maine area but if I learn anything about spots to go I will let you know. In my area (Farmington) it is a lot of skidder trails or snowmobile trails. I have tried to find listings of trails but I dont think there are any designated parks in Maine.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey were going to go play in the mud in 2 weeks. Are you interested?
We will be in Buxton on a friends property.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Wow, I didnt think that too many were active in Maine, I thought most of the nettora action was down in mass. How often do you guys get out? Where at?

·
Registered
72 Posts
you gotta come down to wells, N. berwick area!!! I got a bunch of trails if your into mud and hills. Not a lot of rock crawling. I live in NH right now but im 1min from the border. i grew up in maine and have been wheeling around the area for 2 years now and know a bunch of places to go. send me a pm if your interested and ill give you my number. portlands only 30 mins from wells.

josh

·
Registered
37 Posts
well if we get the storm they say we are I don't think we'll be going out this weekend.:mad: I am so sick of winter:(

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Are there only 4 mainers on this forum? We should try and get more organized so that when I am home it isn't always the same wheeling.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its pretty sad only four people in the whole state, I know at least one more thats in portland, cause he bought my old wheels

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I guess this is a Maine roll call. Although I am sure that if NETTORA was checked there a a bunch more. I havent really been on the NETTORA forum.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm from Maine. Castine area right now, Portland area this summer, PM me sometime. I've been down to Wells and Berwick, its a pretty good time.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Seems like we could get a trail ride together at some point during the summer. I would be up for it. And slightly off topic, what size tires do you guys run? It has been my understanding that you cannot not get inspected (cant be legal) if the tires are larger than the manufacturers recommended size (which is 31x10.5).

·
Registered
37 Posts
The law has changed this year. Even with abs you can go 2" over stock:D and you can lift as long as you purchase a lift and you use all the parts.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
That is some awesome news. Why did they change the law, how did you find out about that? Now I wont have to worry about the cops this summer, I am pretty pumped to get some 33s.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Seems like we could get a trail ride together at some point during the summer. I would be up for it. And slightly off topic, what size tires do you guys run? It has been my understanding that you cannot not get inspected (cant be legal) if the tires are larger than the manufacturers recommended size (which is 31x10.5).
read the laws today on tires (work at a shop and have my inspect license) you cna go upto 2 sizes over stock, so my tacoma has 31's stock I just bought 4 33x12.5x15 goodyear MTRs, and you can also lift your truck as long as the kit is designed for your truck, the frame height is supposed to be no more then 29"

hope that helps and I look forward to hitting the trail with some of you this summer

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Why did they end up changing them? Is there anywhere I can check those out so that I can back myself up at the inspection station? That is some great news. I have always looked at the Maine Statutes site but havent been there in awhile. I would certainly be up for some organized wheeling this summer, gotta find some good wheeling spots.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Why did they end up changing them? Is there anywhere I can check those out so that I can back myself up at the inspection station? That is some great news. I have always looked at the Maine Statutes site but havent been there in awhile. I would certainly be up for some organized wheeling this summer, gotta find some good wheeling spots.
Not really sure where to find them, we have a book at work, if anyone gives you a problem, ask them to see the inspection manual, you shouldnt have to much of a problem.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Any body form maine gonna be around next weekend 12 or 13th im up for some wheeling if anyone else is

·
Registered
37 Posts
The son of a guy I work with runs Maine Offroad Outfitters. He spent a lot of time in Augusta last year.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts