TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi to all...i'm headed out to the sedona area for vacation, and was planning on renting a jeep from barlow to go wheeling. never done any wheeling out west, so i'm really looking forward to it!

i thought i'd post up here to see if anyone wanted to join me? i don't know what day i'll be going yet, but it will be during the week...if you're interested, and one day would be better than others, let me know.

if there is no interest, i guess i'll go by myself...barlow says they'll come out and get me unstuck if i need some help.

eta: this is the week starting monday, 4/15...

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
From what I've seen there isn't much in the way of wheeling trails up in the Sedona area. There's Pipeline, but it isn't much more than a fire road maybe. Just follow the all the Pink Jeep tours to find it.
There is the one road that goes up the mountain just North of town, it has some decent views anyway.
Hope you like Margaritas. Don't get yourself caught up in one of those votex things now. Be sure to pack your tin foil hat so you can fit right in with the locals.

hi to all...i'm headed out to the sedona area for vacation, and was planning on renting a jeep from barlow to go wheeling. never done any wheeling out west, so i'm really looking forward to it!

i thought i'd post up here to see if anyone wanted to join me? i don't know what day i'll be going yet, but it will be during the week...if you're interested, and one day would be better than others, let me know.

if there is no interest, i guess i'll go by myself...barlow says they'll come out and get me unstuck if i need some help.

·
Registered
349 Posts
barlow says they'll come out and get me unstuck if i need some help.
I know the guy who is the mechanic for Barlow (and he would be the one to pull you out), as he used to work with me. Tell him Tony said hi! (his name is Jesse)

As far as trails go, make sure to do Broken Arrow. It is by far the most challenging/scenic trail out there (and there is still nothing challenging about it as long as you know how to drive).
The second most popular and scenic trail is Soldiers Pass, and make sure to do that one early, as the access is private property and they close the gate early.
After that I would do "Cliffhanger" or "Oak Creek Homestead". Though not as scenic it is more challenging, and ends at oak creek, right next to a rope swing (although last time I was there water was only waist deep).

·
Registered
5,207 Posts

Nena and her crew are great peeps.... they will give you good maps and directions to the good trails and what to look for. You will have a blast. I wish I could head up there and run a bit with ya but I have to make some $$$ to be able to run next weekend..... Haha. Maybe a couple of the Flagstaff members will chime in and join ya..... Enjoy your visit

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, guys, for the tips and shit...we are headed out tomorrow AM to run broken arrow and ???

The jeep doesn't come with an recovery gear (no hi lift, no straps, no winch) so how hard can the trails be? Scenery looks awesome though...I can't wait!

Tony, I don't know you but I'll tell him you said hi anyway!

Sent by pounding my fists on my desk.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
The jeep doesn't come with an recovery gear (no hi lift, no straps, no winch) so how hard can the trails be? Scenery looks awesome though...I can't wait!
It's not yours, if you get stuck just use more skinny pedal!!:D

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Thanks, guys, for the tips and shit...we are headed out tomorrow AM to run broken arrow and ???

Tony, I don't know you but I'll tell him you said hi anyway!

Sent by pounding my fists on my desk.
They aren't that difficult at all, especially if you have a rubicon...... Fun and scenic for sure. Be sure and take all the little side roads as they usually go to something cool like a sink hole or scenic view point......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts