TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am getting a coilover/deaver/bilstein setup in the near future and i am hoping to put a 3" bl on it also.... what size rims and tires would you suggest and what brands... for rims i want a classic look like the mickey thompson classic II or something like that... for tires i want an agressive look with off-road and street durability and low wear...thanks

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I have the OME setup on mine along with the 3 inch body, and am putting on 16x8 rims, similar to what you want, with 4 inches back spacing with 285/75 Goodyear MT/R's.

Should be nice when done. :)

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
you should be good with 33x12.5's with some trimming. the MT classic II's look good, i'll probably get a set of them when i get tired of the black steelies. As far as tires, some of my favotires are MT baja claws, BFG MT's and Goodyear MT/R's...all depends on what typre of wheeling you'll do

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'll agree with YoTracer I have BFG MT's wrapped around Mickey Thompson classic II's. I think its a pretty good look.

good luck with whatever you choose

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
YoTRacer158 said:
you should be good with 33x12.5's with some trimming. the MT classic II's look good, i'll probably get a set of them when i get tired of the black steelies. As far as tires, some of my favotires are MT baja claws, BFG MT's and Goodyear MT/R's...all depends on what typre of wheeling you'll do
when you say trimming what do you mean? would the 33's look small with about 5" of lift? i will most likely have the coilovers set at 2-2.5 and another 3 on top of that...

·
Registered
51 Posts
cauch235 said:
when you say trimming what do you mean? would the 33's look small with about 5" of lift? i will most likely have the coilovers set at 2-2.5 and another 3 on top of that...
by trimming he means the pinchweld mod and 5" of lift looks good with 33s...a lot of people actually run around 6" but others run 3", 5-6" is the recommended lift for 33s with little rubbing.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
cauch235 said:
like he said, you'll need to hammer down the pinch weld, and 33's will look good

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pinch weld?

what is a pinch weld???? sorry i am clueless....

·
Registered
4,295 Posts

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
33's

cauch235 said:
i am getting a coilover/deaver/bilstein setup in the near future and i am hoping to put a 3" bl on it also.... what size rims and tires would you suggest and what brands... for rims i want a classic look like the mickey thompson classic II or something like that... for tires i want an agressive look with off-road and street durability and low wear...thanks
Hey man,
depending on what brand tire, and what the backspacing on the rim, you shouldn't rub bad or AT ALL. However, we all know swampers run a lil large, so you would more than likely rub w/ those. Anyways, 33x12.50's on 15x10's would look excellent. I'd go w/ either a BFG MT or AT mainly b/c of the life span factor. Good luck, Wes

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
wslytoy said:
Anyways, 33x12.50's on 15x10's would look excellent. I'd go w/ either a BFG MT or AT mainly b/c of the life span factor. Good luck, Wes
I'd stick with 15x8's...15x10's will be more prone to rub, and wont hold the bead as well when aired down

·
Registered
226 Posts
I guess nobody talks about them since they are new, but i LOVE my Firestone Destination M/T's. Great wear, AWESOME looks, Great grippage!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Kuhmo Venture M/T's all the way. They're around 80 bucks for 31's, nice agressive pattern and excellent tread wear. I commute 50 miles a day and only mud once a week and I'd buy em again in a second.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
779 Posts
I would personally go with the 3" revtek and a custom 12 in susp lift. you would def. be able to clear any tires you are currently worried about...

:bump:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts