TTORA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have definitely searched and e-mailed manufacturers and distributers alike but have not found any good concrete answers. Usually the distributer just pawns it off to the manufacturer and the the manufacturer just doesnt know. I dont want to just willy nilly get some wheels because if they dont fit that is a waste. I checked with the wheel fitment thread because I know that Tacomas have the big brake calipers and wanted to go with the Series 51 Black Daytona 15x7 3.75 BS (I am guessing whether it is 15x7 or 15x8 with the same BS wont matter since the extra 1" would be on the outside of the wheel and not affect the caliper fitment). The fitment thread lists this wheel as fitting and also not fitting. Is there anyone out there that has run these wheels with a similar year as mine that can tell me definitively whether they will fit or not? If it comes down to it I would grind the caliper a bit but want to make sure this is possible.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I believe that they are 15x8's and they will fit. I think that they are the same ones that wheeler's sells. just make sure that you dont get stick-on weights when they balance them because then they prolly wont fit with those.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont think that they are the same that wheelers sells, these have th "D" holes where as the wheelers have the "O". Am I correct in saying that as long as the BS is the same I should not have to worry about the rim width since that would just be on the outside of the rim and not affect the caliper issue?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is another question that may seem strange. If I got a 15x8 instead of a 15x7 wheel would that affect the tread width. I know that I can stuff a 33x10.5 with 3.5 BS on a 15x7 with some room but it is a little close. Will the 15x8 push the tire out further or will it just be "ballooned" less but will maintain the same stuffing characteristics and geometry.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Someone has got to have some experience or opinion on this one. Please help a guy out, I have been searching and researching like crazy.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Someone has got to have some experience or opinion on this one. Please help a guy out, I have been searching and researching like crazy.

Here's a link to wheelers offroad with a little info that may help you. This should take you to the 95-04 Tacoma wheel section. You can probably ask them the questions you have - they have been overly helpful to me with issues like this. Ask them what backspacing they have between there Type and A and B wheels for these year vehicles. I don't think it explicitly states it.
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacomawheels.htm

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Wheelers Type B is only 4" of BS now, wont that make a 33" tire rub the frame at full lock? Also I am still curious if a 15x7 and 15x8 wheel with the same BS will have the same stuffing characteristics. Does the width of the wheel just determine the contact patch of the tread or actually make the tire a little wider?

·
Registered
150 Posts
check out

I just replied to a similar thread in the wheel and tires section. The thread name is "black steelies and wheel spacers", im not saying you'll find your answers there but check it out!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts