TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just curious what year Toyota started making the TRD axles available in their Tacomas?

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
Hehe

Peeties 98 has a locker :p

·
Registered
324 Posts
in 1954 but was called technocraft and changed to trd for usa.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
doesnt this belong in the OT?

·
Registered
324 Posts
i only read the title, about when did trd come along. but then again i was just being a dumb ass anyway

·
Registered
2,509 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
As a package, thats correct, but you could still custom order the locker even before that. It was just very rare to see a truck with the locker that didn't have the TRD package.
Like mine...97' Std cab V-6 with an E-locker..:flipoff1:

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Right..I believe it was a $400 factory option, haven't looked at the window sticker in a while though..

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
honestly, isn't it more fun to try to find answers for yourself?
(NOT GIVING YA SHIT, JUST CURIOUS)
What do you mean? This is loads of fun.

The reason I ask is this...

I bought a tacoma 3rd member off of eBay. Said it came off a 4cyl 4x4 from 1996 w/4.10's
I assumed it couldn't possibly have a locker or they would have mentioned that.
Well...it has a locker but no motor! So I am kind of stuck with it as selling this will be difficult.

I was going to try to prove to the seller that the item was incorrectly listed and I should get a refund. But it seems that it is possible (though rare) to see a locker in a 96.

Since you are wondering...I really don't want to bother paying $750 for the motor and then finding the right axle so that i can use it myself.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yup, pre 98, the best bet is with the SX package (4 or 6...doesn't seem to matter) from what I've seen. I have the SX...but no e-locker :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts