TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, this question isnt really for a taco, but for the wife's new corolla that replaced my rolled and totalled taco, so bear with me

i purchased the corrolla new with 85 miles on it. the manual and everythign says that i do not need to change the oil until 5,000 miles???? on brand new vehicles, arnt you supposed to change the oil after like 1,000-1,500 since the engine is breaking in and therefore some metal may be in there??

please advise! she's at about 1,600 right now, so i'm wondering if i should change the oil right now??? thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
New vehicles come with standard oil now so you don't need to change it until the recommended interval. Most dealers will tell you to change the oil and filter every 3,000 miles (regardless of the book) which is what I do religiously.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Well it certainly can't hurt anything. I have heard to do the first oil change at 500 or 1000, I can't remember which. New engines dirty the oil fairly fast.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'd change it at 100 miles. Too late now you riuined it! j/k

Any "breakin in" is already done. Whatt's left is a lot of smack in the oil. I would never let a new vehicle run on it's original oil until 3000 miles.

Serious about the 100 miles, tho.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts