TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching and I can't find an exploded view of an 05 tundra rear axle assembly. I need to see the parts around the wheel bearing and abs gear. Any help or links would be appreciated.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dealership faxed one over to me today and it was not very good. The parts only have reference numbers and you can't really see the parts or the way they are assembled. I will call and see if they have anything better. I was just hoping that there was a detailed diagram online that I could print.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I downloaded it and that is exactly what I'm looking for, unfortunately, it is not the same as the tundra. Where can I find something like that for the Tundra? Anyone who has an 05 tacoma should definately download that manual.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
jcathunter said:
I downloaded it and that is exactly what I'm looking for, unfortunately, it is not the same as the tundra. Where can I find something like that for the Tundra? Anyone who has an 05 tacoma should definately download that manual.
Rear ends should be the same except for the TRD version with the e-locker. E-locker is not an option for the tundra. Otherwise, the only difference between a taco and tundra(00-06) rear end is the width.

As far as the ABS axle shaft. The difference between a non-ABS and ABS is that the ABS has the gear and a spacer. Housings are different to accomodate the sensor.

Here's a pic of a non-ABS and ABS:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right on. Thanks for the pics. They show which way the bearing goes in. I'm usually not this confused with repairs but I took the axle assembly in to a machine shop to see if they could straighten it and they cut everything off and threw away the parts to get to the axle. I wasn't there to see how everything came apart so its been tough.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts