TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a hard time finding regular cab 4wd 01-present tacomas. Im looking for them in LA, so i think that might have something to do with finding 4wd. Does anyone have any suggestions for finding 4wd reg cabs?

Thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
yeah its funny when I lived in Michigan all I saw was 4wd...because it was needed. now that i'm out here in california I see 5 tacomas and 4 out of the 5 are prerunners. 4wd's are pretty rare compared to prerunners out here...especially reg cabs. no snow so most folks don't need them. but like mentioned above check out ebay or autotrader type sites. good luck.....

·
Registered
85 Posts
Da newspaper. Checked em all all daily on line before the hit th stands. I found mine there. Only wanted a v6 4 speed reg cab. (1995-97 ) Purchased for the origional owner with all repair rceipts. Took 4 months. Found just what I wanted. Be a little picky. Take your time. Stick to what you want. It is the best way to go.

Can't wait?
Know an independent auto broker recommended by a credit union or trusted friend(NOT A DEALERSHIP) ? Preferably one that also contracts to purchase for large dealerships. Tell the broker what you want and have them go to a large Toyota only auction. Big Dealers don't want a vehicle on their lot older than 1999 with very low mileage and older than 2001 with regular or somewhat hi miles. If your broker bids against dealers it will cost a little more but generally worth it. We trusted our broker and did not preview the purchase.

In most cases the auction and broker will let you view the truck a day or two before but not the day of the auction. Be sure to have your broker go to the same auction new car dealers attend. The selection of vehicles below that level is not as reliable or new. Mine charged $250 (cheap). Got pre-approved thtrough the credit union. No problem qualifying on the purchase since the price was below retail. That is what we did to get our v6 Camry. All the body-engine- power train #'s had to match, origional paint, with the right milelage and minimum options we wanted. It worked great and the price was cheaper than from a dealer.

JohnInDenver
97 reg cab
63" chev springs

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I searched and searched and randomly one day went to a toy dealership and they had just gotten a 98 reg. cab 4x4 in on a trade. Happened to also be 1000 day cash back on used car purchase :D .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts