TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for one of these tubular hitches for my 03 tacoma. Here is a link to jcwhitney....but they don't carry them for the tacoma. http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs...100&TID=100&productId=2011910&catalogId=10101

Anybody know where I can find one? I like the look of the round tube compared to the basic square tubing....and the fact that it angles out of the way so you can't see it.
Let me know.
Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Curt's website is http://www.curtmfg.com/

No guarantee that the one for the Tacoma is shaped that way. I'm under the impression the curved ones are for specific vehicles.

They make custom color hitches as well.

Check www.realtruck.com as a possible source. I just recently ordered a Curt hitch from a trailer part supply near me for my FJ Cruiser. Surprisingly, it was only $121 where I've seen it for $180 online.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
walmart sells reese stuff... check them out

·
Registered
260 Posts
Will do man. I think it was around 180 over at Quality Bumper in AZ. Ill be doing the install myself and ill get back to you.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Its not to hard to install...u have to loosen the bumper bolts to install it. I have the uhaul one and it in made by valley industries and it costs about 150 bucks

·
Registered
279 Posts
I dont have a camera but here is a link to a site that has a picture of the hitch....its the third one from the top and it is the same one that uhaul sells they just put there name on it. You can see that the other hitches are straight not curved to tuck it under and behind the bumper and this is the only one made with round tubeing. the only thing you can see once it is installed is the hitch receiver (the square part you put the draw bar in) just below the bumper....it is very clean looking....better fit then the factory one IMO

http://www.etrailer.com/hitch-2004_Toyota_Tacoma+Pickup.htm

·
Registered
279 Posts
Most uhauls should have this hitch in stock and it shouldn't cost more then 160 for the hitch. If it's not in stock then they can most likely have it for you in a day by getting it from another store. I used to work there installing hitches. Its not a hard hitch to install but air tools and a second set of hands to hold the hitch make it so much easyer. Or you can order it from www.etrailer.com I have ordered stuff from them before and they are pretty good. The only diffrence between the two is one has a u-haul sticker on it, both are made by Valley Industries

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yeah....99 cent shipping is a great thing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey, I'm wondering if the factory hitch & harness from a 1996 4Runner will work on a 2006 Prerunner. Anyone know? My bro has removed his, not using it. Would save me some $ to use towards sliders & armor.

·
Registered
279 Posts
no......none of that stuff will work on your 06

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.