TTORA Forum banner

Where does it go?

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  OFRD_GRL 
#1 ·
I have a CB that a friend is selling me but he is a radio guru so I was going to let him help me install it. problem is I cant figure out where I can get it to fit. the center under my head unit isnt tall enough, where the ash tray used to be isnt wide enough, I dont have a center console, and i dont want to put it on the dash even though that might be where it ends up.

Any ideas of where it could go? anybody have pics of where yours is?

#2 ·
mine is mounted on the tunnel on the passenger side, take up a little space, but the only place ive found for it.

#3 ·
I haven't had much time to look it all over but I think when I get my new cb I will ceilling mount it. If I do get into a high water situation it will be high and dry. Also the CB I'll be getting has a relatively large frame. There wouldn't be anywhere low to mount it. 73's good buddy.

#4 ·
Like so:

I used a piece of 1x4 about 8 inches long as backer inside the headliner to mount the bracket and support/displace the weight. All the wiring stays above the headliner and comes down the driver's A-pillar and into the driver's kick-panel.

#5 ·
mine is mounted below the radio in my taco. alot of people do it in the ashtray but mine is mounted in the pocket. there is just enough room for a pack of gum on the side of it and it sticks out just as far as my radio does so it looks like it belongs....

#8 ·
if you have one of the beast ones another option is backwards on the backside of your center console. you dont have to look at it that often so the display doesn't have to be in front of you, that and there isn't alot of spare room in the front of the cab

#9 ·
poor jay has a bench seat. no buckets, no console. just a middle seat for a midget. i mean little person. i love that TLC show little people big world. :D

#11 ·
lol then i would spend the 50 bucks and buy a smaller cb.... if youre low on space why use it up? mounting it to the ceiling works ok in the FJ because the edge sits so much further forward. in the taco you would have to recline your seat almost all the way back just to read what it says on the cb...

#14 ·
Summit CB, it by the T/A truck stop off of I-270. if going north on quebeque, go 1 block past the T/A and turn left, about 1-2 blocks on right. Guy is really frendly and will help you out.
Adress and #
Summit Radio
7155 E 53 Pl
Commerce City, Colorado 80022 - 4828
Tel: (303) 287-3306

#18 ·
I hear ya.
I got mine for like $70.... I forget where though.
If you look around you can get a deal though :)
Its worth it, I like not having a box anywhere in the truck. Its mounted under my center console... then the connector comes through the cargo area of the center console. you can check mine out if ya wanna befor eyou buy one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.