Going John Galt
31,839 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
I used to have OK luck with Ballistic......but their current reputation is less than glamorous. I'd steer clear of them personally.
Never been pirate I assume?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
I thought all their BS was to due with the bigger shit not the odds and ends. Iv had luck with em the 3 times iv ordered stuff from them. It may be nowhere near timely now adays but i have never recived a less than exceptional product from them. Are the as tough to deal with as PORC now:banghead:

Trailgear sells a winch plate.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks

Thanks for all the links if i was still on the drilling rig i would just get some there they were lazer cut and called pad eyes

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Budbuilt has some basic winch plates, also ruff stuff is a vendor here and would have plenty of builder parts for you
don't see the shackle tabs on his site but I wouldn't be surprised if Dan had them anyway :p
he does have the rear box plates, however.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I got my weld through shackle hangers from Rokmen. Price went up a few bucks since then, but they were exactly the kind I was looking for.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I used to have OK luck with Ballistic......but their current reputation is less than glamorous. I'd steer clear of them personally.
I've been following their rep for a few years now and from what I gather it's a lot of problems with very few happy customers. I was going to buy some stuff from them for my swap but decided against it when I got an email from them saying they were filing for bankruptcy in order to restructure their company. I just don't understand why the off-road market has such a problem with customer service(not answering phones, not honest about their inventory, ludicrous shipping time frames) and even the so-called "good" companies are guilty too, it really isn't that hard.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I've been following their rep for a few years now and from what I gather it's a lot of problems with very few happy customers. I was going to buy some stuff from them for my swap but decided against it when I got an email from them saying they were filing for bankruptcy in order to restructure their company. I just don't understand why the off-road market has such a problem with customer service(not answering phones, not honest about their inventory, ludicrous shipping time frames) and even the so-called "good" companies are guilty too, it really isn't that hard.
I don't get that either, but it seems to be the norm with a lot of vendors now a days.

Ballistic has some really great products, they just can't seem to get them to the people laying the money out for them........

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thats what i need advice on go companys for odds and ends

i have all my metal but a 2x3 3/16 tube to box in my front horns i am going to us a prefab plate to build my front plate bumper around and i need greasable hindges and pin connectors for my rear tire swing out off my rear bumper here is my truck now
just plain with add a leaf and spacers but i got coilovers and fixing to add a rear leaf pack and shocks also u bolt flip and shock bracket relocation any suggestions on rear leafs with that much weight on the rear front coilovesr go up to 3.5 inches of lift will be set at 3 or 3.5 for front bumper and winch

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
i have all my metal but a 2x3 3/16 tube to box in my front horns i am going to us a prefab plate to build my front plate bumper around and i need greasable hindges and pin connectors for my rear tire swing out off my rear bumper here is my truck now just plain with add a leaf and spacers but i got coilovers and fixing to add a rear leaf pack and shocks also u bolt flip and shock bracket relocation any suggestions on rear leafs with that much weight on the rear front coilovesr go up to 3.5 inches of lift will be set at 3 or 3.5 for front bumper and winch
Make sure you do some serious research on a swing-out rear bumper/tire carrier! some who didn't do that wound up with parts flying off on the hwy. When it comes to swing-outs you have to really over-build them to be safe...especially the main swing hinge pins...bigger is better. There are a few build threads here so search.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
Screw Ballistic. You're lucky if you get something good, and you're absolutely screwed if you don't get anything good or anything at all. They won't take care of you.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13998230&postcount=218

^I really hate bashing a vendor, but things like that are ridiculous and it's obvious when they filed for bankruptcy...

Anyways, x2 what hytenor said about the tire carrier. It would also be wise to either box in the frame or plate it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts