TTORA Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time to replace my windshield, but the cheapest I have found is around $245. I recall a discussion awhile back regarding cheap windshield replacement. Any suggestions?

Bruce

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Bruce have you called Lohman Glass here in la porte ??? I called awhile back when i was thinking about replacing my windsheild..

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, do you recall how much? Also, Manny I may need a rebuilt steering rack, any suggestions?

Bruce

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
No i don't I can call tomorrow and let them tell them it'd for one of our employees maybe they will give a better deal since we use them alot for everything from vehicle windsheilds to office glass & mirrors to custom windows for our analyzier houses..

autozone Lifetime warrenty hell even if mines not bust or broke if i have to pull it for any reason i stick a new one in lasttime i even stripped the treads were you connect the lines it was my fault but they covered it no ?'s asked.

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
Bruce - In Houston, You can get a windshield installed for $125-150 all day long-

A-Affordable Auto Glass (59 @ Hilcroft)
Binswanger

·
Registered
138 Posts
It's time to replace my windshield, but the cheapest I have found is around $245. I recall a discussion awhile back regarding cheap windshield replacement. Any suggestions?

Bruce

I don't know what kind of insurance coverage you have, but many insurance companies cover windshields with only a $100 deductable (at least i think this is still true).

-Jeff

·
Row Row Row your Boat
1,632 Posts
for winshields, I use discount auto glass in Pasadenna, last time I was there with my former taco it cost me 100 for the window installed even got new seals too.
for my tundra I took it to the same place and I think it was around 120.

they are located at shaver and southmore, yellow building

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I'll try discount, since they are much closer. Shannon, I'll call you later today.

Bruce

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
damn.. i just got raped a couple weeks ago... 200$! to have my windshield replaced! :eek:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know what you mean. I tried several places and they wanted over $200. Remember this place when you next need a windshield, and it's certain that you will need another one in the future. Cracked windshields are a way of life around here.

Bruce

·
Registered
114 Posts
i think my dad knows a guy who will come to your work or house and replace it. if anyone is interested in that kind of service i can find more info. i'll probably end up doing that as i have a giant crack at eye level that bugs the shit out of me when the sun hits it right or when headlights hit it. it's like lightning across the windshield lol

btw i think the dude would be around the price of a higher estimate.

·
Reppin the Flips on TTORA
816 Posts
damn.. i just got raped a couple weeks ago... 200$! to have my windshield replaced! :eek:
You should have done a search here. Phong mentioned Affordable Glass a while back, several months ago.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.